Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Premium Get More Features, Site Work

Phoronix: Phoronix Premium Get More Features, Site Work

There's been some more site updates on Phoronix this week along with more features for Phoronix Premium subscribers. This includes continued log-in improvements, bolding external links, and a look at upcoming content...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like the changes but you might want to do something nicer when there are no posts waiting to go live. Seeing just this "Phoronix Premium - Upcoming Articles:" with nothing else is really annoying to us obsessive compulsive types.

Comment

Those are some good ideas for premium, just sayan.

Comment

As a subscriber, I appreciate that you've been putting effort into improving the premium experience on the site. I like these changes, thanks!

Comment

I wish you will add more payment options like via VISA without paypal.

Comment

RSS links

When the content management system / vBulletin subscription issue gets resolved, will we be able to get the premium view just by clicking the RSS link without visiting the forums for a log-in first?

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
              I like the changes but you might want to do something nicer when there are no posts waiting to go live. Seeing just this "Phoronix Premium - Upcoming Articles:" with nothing else is really annoying to us obsessive compulsive types.
              Fixed, thanks.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nslqqq View Post
                I wish you will add more payment options like via VISA without paypal.
                Unfortunately that's not easily possible. vBulletin handles our subscription management.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: Phoronix Premium Get More Features, Site Work
                  This includes continued log-in improvements
                  Yes, the biggest annoyance of all. I already didn't see any ads due to the blocker, but the amount of effort it takes to get the real ad-free version.
                  Actually it would have already been a big improvement if phoronix.com was easily linked from the forums section.
                  My usual official ad-free browsing was like this: go to phoronix.com, see a lot of blocked ads. Click on phorums. Click on log in, log in on the login failure page. Then edit the url.
                  I haven't seen a faster route than that to easily get logged in.
                  Of course I can brows the ad version so you get some extra income ;-).

Comment

I noticed this morning that, indeed the timeout session is extended, and I got a mostly ad-free experience this morning on the first visit to an article.

The one outlier was the intellitext in articles, which still showed up until I visited the forums once. Not sure if that's an easy one to fix or not.

Thanks for the work Michael. These recent improvements should hopefully help to bump the premium subscriber rate up quite a bit, and it'll definitely keep me in the subscriber bucket.

Comment

Working...
                    X