Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS File-System Major Linux 3.13 Enhancements

Phoronix: F2FS File-System Major Linux 3.13 Enhancements

For those in need of a high-performance specially-optimized file-system for flash storage devices, the F2FS file-system developed at Samsung has seen more "major enhancements" queued up for the Linux 3.13 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm espcially interrested to see the performance of sqlite, mysql and postgresql on these filesystems!

Comment

F2FS seems like a great little file system that I hope will become standard for Android devices starting with Android 5.0. Moto X is already using it, and so far both benchmarks and real usage has shown the phone runs great, even with a dual core processor. I saw Motorola announce the Moto G today, which I think uses F2FS, too, and they say how much faster it is to open applications, even compared to the Galaxy S4 (even though the Moto G costs 3x less). So yeah, F2FS seems to be shaping up great. Can't wait to see it in more devices.

Comment

would f2fs be good for ssd type drives or is it mainly for phones and thumb drives?

Comment

Working...
        X