Radeonsi improvements are incredible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeonsi improvements are incredible!

I just built the latest mesa from git and a 3.12 kernel with dpm switched on for my Radeon HD 7850. In a word - incredible change from just a few months ago! I built wine 1.7.1 with the CSMT patch, and say what you like about optimisation to be done on radeonsi, but it actually runs Skyrim on ultra better than catalyst does on the same wine build now. Big thank you to the open source driver devs, these improvements are much welcome! :-)

Regards,
    Phil

I'm on 7950 + 3.13 + mesa git + llvm git and I have troubles with The Bard's Tale: a 10 years old game with a very simple graphic. As soon as you go near to the water framerate drops.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I'll admit it still isn't perfect - can't play some native steam games like Strike Suit Zero. Really impressed though - trying to run Skyrim a few months ago on radeonsi would consistently crash my whole machine, every time.

Comment

I have a 7850 as well. I just hope one day GW2 becomes playable on either radeonsi or Catalyst (last I tried, it was either really stuttery on camera movement, low-framerate, or just locked the system up; with a CSMT-patched Wine)...

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
          I have a 7850 as well. I just hope one day GW2 becomes playable on either radeonsi or Catalyst (last I tried, it was either really stuttery on camera movement, low-framerate, or just locked the system up; with a CSMT-patched Wine)...
          Forgot all about this post; but GW2 was running great for me on Wine with gallium-nine a few months ago (40-70 FPS) with no instability. Kind of interesting to see the progress between then and now

Comment

Working...
          X