Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Showing Off Hawaii Desktop Running On Wayland

Phoronix: Video Showing Off Hawaii Desktop Running On Wayland

If you're curious about the state of the Qt5-powered Hawaii Desktop running natively on Wayland, a new video has been uploaded that nicely shows off this new Linux desktop alternative that's designed around Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Resizing of the windows seems slow. Any ideas?

Comment

Let's stick with Xorg.

Comment

Everything seems slow. Maybe the video recording is causing this.

Comment

I remember trying it like 6 months ago and it was way faster than in this video, so yeah I guess it's caused by the video capture. Maybe he ran it in a vm also ?

Anyway, is it simple to build it right now ?

Comment

That looks too slow for a very simple lightweight desktop at low resolution .
            Lucky , i will be using X for at least the next five to ten years

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
              Hopefully I will be using Wayland next summer. The video recordings really don't matter, you have to try it yourself in order to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                Everything seems slow. Maybe the video recording is causing this.
                IIRC, a backend was added for accelerated video capture using quicksync (assuming he's running a snb or higher intel).
                Perhaps someone could make a generic one with plugins for vaapi and vdpau?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X