Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 On Linux

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 On Linux

If you are after a low-end graphics card for use on Linux, up for review today is the Zotac GeForce GT 610 Synergy 1GB graphics card that sells for less than $50 USD. The results in this Linux hardware review compare the GT 610 to a range of other AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards using the proprietary drivers under Ubuntu Linux. Even if you're not interested in the GT 610, this article makes for a nice 12-way Linux graphics card comparison with the very latest AMD/NVIDIA GPU drivers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

could you make a driver comparison? like, study how linux driver performance has evolved in the past year(but instead of doing it mesa, doing it binary?)

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
      could you make a driver comparison? like, study how linux driver performance has evolved in the past year(but instead of doing it mesa, doing it binary?)
      I do every December/January... see the "Year in Review" articles on Phoronix that have been going on now for like the past 7 or more years.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Evga version of 610 is even cheaper on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130815

Comment

I recommend minimum, the nvidia gt620 for an htcp, the gt610 is a completely waste of money.

Comment

Why does gt 620 list lower specs for memory and GPU frequencies than 610?

Comment

Looks like 620 has twice as much Cuda cores as 610.

Comment

About 9 months back we joined the 21st century and bought a flat-panel TV, replacing our still-functioning (and alas still stored in the basement) CRT. I've been running MythTV for years using a (2nd generation) 8400GS, and the VGA-out would have worked with this TV. But I had problems funnelling all of my audio sources into the TV, because there weren't enough audio jacks to match the video jacks.

So I have a GT610-based video card and send audio over hdmi. I'm using the binary blob. I've never done anything remotely like gaming with it, just watch TV, and it's got vdpau with the binary blob, so all is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                  I recommend minimum, the nvidia gt620 for an htcp, the gt610 is a completely waste of money.
                  Can you explain why? I'm currently running a fanless GT210 in my HTPC which is a much weaker card and it works great.

Comment

The GT 630 for like $10 or $15 more is better option IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X