Thread: Counter-Strike: Source Linux GPU Benchmarks

Default Counter-Strike: Source Linux GPU Benchmarks

Phoronix: Counter-Strike: Source Linux GPU Benchmarks

Last week I provided some new NVIDIA GeForce Team Fortress 2 benchmarks for Valve's popular Team Fortress 2 game and those Linux benchmark results were followed by 9-Way AMD Radeon Linux results for this Source Engine game. Now for starting off a new week is just not new benchmark results but a Counter-Strike: Source test profile for benchmarking...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUxMDQ

When will Counterstrike: GO be released for Linux??

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    When will Counterstrike: GO be released for Linux??
    Eventually.

Pretty cool stuff. When CSGO comes out, the benchmarks from that will definitely hold a bit more bearing than the ones from CSS.

Michael thank you. That's the game benchmarks we want to see.

I would be cool if there was a Dota2 benchmark, that's the only Valve game likely to put some serious stress on recent video cards.

The 9800GT results for TF2 were really strange, and this seems to confirm it: at 1080p the 9800GT is doing 110fps while the GTX650 is doing 155fps; with TF2 we had 15fps vs 108fps, which seems to be a bit too much, and it's far from what I see with my own 9800GT.

Quote Originally Posted by r1348 View Post
    I would be cool if there was a Dota2 benchmark, that's the only Valve game likely to put some serious stress on recent video cards.
    Dota 2 is still Source engine, hence most of the load is still going to be pushed onto the CPU more than the GPU.

I can't test (precisely test starts, but I see CS without textures) CS Source via phoronix test suite on Fedora 20 64 bit. I think, I know reason/cause for this. I am using Intel GPU and of course open source drivers. When I wanted to play CS, I must type in terminal emulator:
    force_s3tc_enable=true steam
    And when I type it, everything is ok. So, could you Michael Larabel try to automaticaly export force_s3tc_enable=true when test starts? It is patented technology in some countries, so maybe a little warning to user of phoronix-test-suite and question will be safer from legal point of view, I think.