Thread: Simple animated desktop mockup

Lightbulb Simple animated desktop mockup

Hey everybody,

Im fairly new here, but this seems like a pretty cool community. Im 19 years old and have been using Linux since my 13th more and more regulary.
    I once had an idea how a desktop enviroment should work. I was very nave and not as experienced back then, but maybe its fun to take a look at.

The idea being that a window should be noting more than a window which the application draws on. This way you get an unibody design which fully makes use of your theme. Plus the windows can be drawn immediately when a GUI gets initialized, giving the user some sort of instant response.
    The theme I designed there doesnt look too good, I know :P. Im a technician, not a designer. And nowadays I wouldve made everything very minimalized, getting rid of a huge bar and only drawing icons.

But this is probably all too good to be true...
    Last edited by clementl; 10-25-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Hey! Nice concept! You know, the windows are drawn exactly that way in Wayland.

Quote Originally Posted by brosis View Post
    Hey! Nice concept! You know, the windows are drawn exactly that way in Wayland.
    Really? I actually made this before I even knew what Wayland or EGL was :S. Maybe its just a good idea then.

what toolkit would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by BSDude View Post
    Photoshop. Yea, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by BSDude View Post
    On Wayland, the application either draws directly over OpenGL or/and uses toolkit, which applies theming and again issues OpenGL calls on the same windows texture. So theoretically - any toolkit.