9-Card AMD Radeon Team Fortress 2 Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
    Interestingly enough, minecraft would make a good automated benchmark because anyone can have the client download x version of the game. They built in the ability to download old versions. Also, the game can be launched via command line. It is also one of the most popular games of all time and quickly heading for the number 1 spot, which means it is relevant to allot of gamers. It would be interesting to see how well it performs on the open-source drivers.
    Agreed! Does minecraft have a benchmark built in?

Comment

I just looked it up and sadly, no. Minecraft doesn't have a built in benchmark.

Comment

But, if you are interested, they have a page where people load the same world, at the same resoltuion, with the same settings and post their performance there. There are several linux entries there if you are curious.

Hardware requirements are officially announced hardware configurations which are stated to run some software product at some level of quality. Hardware requirements are announced for some editions of Minecraft. Java Edition hardware requirements lists hardware requirements for Java Edition. Bedrock Edition#Compatible devices lists hardware requirements for Bedrock Edition. (Do note the hardware is old and may no longer be supported)

ps.
        When did they change it so you can only edit a post within 1 minute of posting it?

Comment

I think it's interesting that these AMD GPUs running at 2560x1600 heavily outperformed NVIDIA binary blobs running at 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
            But, if you are interested, they have a page where people load the same world, at the same resoltuion, with the same settings and post their performance there.
            Sadly this isn't enough. Things like mob AI (pathfinding, target selecting, ...), weather and other things are based on random generators. You would have to modify Minecraft to initialize all these generators with the same seeds every time but as Notch is a bad Java programme that might be a lot of work (I mean: protected int k = (new Random()).nextInt(); - seriously? In the same file we have public Random random = new Random(); - but that's just the server, we need the client, too...).

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
              I think it's interesting that these AMD GPUs running at 2560x1600 heavily outperformed NVIDIA binary blobs running at 1080p.
              If only I could get my 7950s to work in crossfire....

Comment

Working...
              X