Thread: Running Linux 3.14 + Mesa 10.2 With Intel's Bay Trail On Ubuntu

Default Running Linux 3.14 + Mesa 10.2 With Intel's Bay Trail On Ubuntu

Phoronix: Running Linux 3.14 + Mesa 10.2 With Intel's Bay Trail On Ubuntu

After yesterday's article explaining how-to upgrade the Linux kernel and Mesa/X.Org drivers on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, I ran some benchmarks from an Intel Atom E3825 Bay Trail system to see whether the newer kernel and Mesa components made a difference for the low-end, low-power hardware compared to what's being shipped by default in Ubuntu 14.04...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY1NzA

mesa 10.2 still seems to be dealing with a performance regression.

Quote Originally Posted by edoantonioco View Post
    mesa 10.2 still seems to be dealing with a performance regression.
    +-5% could be explained as differences beetween stock and oibaf/xorg-edges ppas and maybe different compiler optimization options i think they have... so basically +-5% is nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by dungeon View Post
    +-5% could be explained as differences beetween stock and oibaf/xorg-edges ppas and maybe different compiler optimization options i think they have... so basically +-5% is nothing to worry about
    That could be true, but in others benchmarks the difference is still there

Does anyone know if these motherboards are available somehow for mere mortals who just want to build HTPS/NAS solution on them?

AAEON listed new line of Bay-trail motherboards (http://www.aaeonusa.com/download/mar...s-by-AAEON.pdf) and EMB-BTA seems to be holy grail in combining HTPC, NAS (6xSATA ports) and home router (dual NICs) in one box. Also, this new bay trails cpus have AES-NI handy if you want to encrypt it.