Thread: KDE Ships 4.12 Applications, Platform Beta

Default KDE Ships 4.12 Applications, Platform Beta

Phoronix: KDE Ships 4.12 Applications, Platform Beta

The updated applications and platform code for the KDE desktop environment is now in its 4.12 Beta state. However, as we already knew, KDE Plasma Workspaces is still in its 4.11 form until the premiere of Workspaces 2 and KDE Frameworks 5...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwODI

I'm not sure if it made it in, but one of the possible new features was a query parser for Nepomuk. So you could type in the search box "Documents containing thesis last access last week" and similar queries

I love stability. I think Kubuntu 14.04 LTS is going to be a great release with 4.12 for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    I'm not sure if it made it in, but one of the possible new features was a query parser for Nepomuk. So you could type in the search box "Documents containing thesis last access last week" and similar queries
    One of the purported problems of nepomuk was a bug that would slow Dolphin the heck down to a crawl. If that's been fixed then I'm looking forward to it.

Default Honton?

I just went here to see if Honton shows up to troll about KDE again? Where is he? Honton plz!

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomme View Post
    I just went here to see if Honton shows up to troll about KDE again? Where is he? Honton plz!
    I wonder if it's one of the "bug fixing means no new features" or "new features mean no bug fixing" days. He alternates the argument, depending on whether the story mentions KDE fixing bugs or adding new features.