• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My card HD4770 has UVD2.2 chip, support is as follows:

Windows:

Generic: Never tested
    Catalyst: Full Support

Linux:

OSS: Full support via VDPAU, still very buggy, tends to crash the driver sometimes. Some applications have issues with it (ex. XBMC).
    Catalyst: Partial support, H264(high) and VC1 only via VAAPI.

Comment

sb backend is aplicable to that card?

69xx heave that problem...

(I'm pleased user of 5730M. With PM r600g is golden for me. )

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post

I dont understand how AMD leave us without legacy driver support, that should be illegal, we bought their hardware, and they dont give us updated drivers. Thats not fair at all.
        Hence the importance of open source drivers. I get more support from Realtek for stuff they made 10 years ago, then anything AMD's made for the past 4-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by boot View Post
          OSS: Full support via VDPAU, still very buggy, tends to crash the driver sometimes. Some applications have issues with it (ex. XBMC).
          XBMC should work well now that VDPAU GL interop support is available in mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
            Sorry I couldn't resist, but this is what I am thinking about when some random guy jumps in and says you should implement that feature or fix that bug by yourself.

I had done some C/C++ programming before and contributed to a few open source projects but graphics drivers are no joke, you can't become agd5f or marek by reading a few random online tutorials in one night. That requires years of training, motivation, a capable brain, access to hardware design details, wide range of hardware to test, a really deep understanding of hardware, operation system and drivers.

@agd5f
            Seriously, how many years and nights without rest it took you to become the Alex that we all know right now?
            I've been doing it for years now, but I didn't have any formal training in gfx. Like most other open source gfx developers, I just started playing with the source to try and scratch my own itch. You don't have to understand the whole stack at once. If there is something you are interested in, just focus on that part, the rest will come as needed. Even today, I can't keep everything in my head at once. If I haven't worked on some part of the stack in a while, I usually need to spend some time paging that part of the stack back into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
              Thats weird, because TF2 runs very good in my pc. Of course, I have "r600 back-end" activated and the DPM thing too.
              I also had radeon.dpm=1 set and R600_DEBUG=sb set in my /etc/environment so wouldn't need to set it on a per game basis. Also had SwapbuffersWait set to False in xorg.conf.

Still couldn't achieve over 10 fps even at 800x600.

Comment

Originally posted by synaptix View Post
                I also had radeon.dpm=1 set and R600_DEBUG=sb set in my /etc/environment so wouldn't need to set it on a per game basis. Also had SwapbuffersWait set to False in xorg.conf.

Still couldn't achieve over 10 fps even at 800x600.
                If you are running a 32-bit game on a 64 bit distro, make sure the 32-bit version of your 3D drivers are up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                  If you are running a 32-bit game on a 64 bit distro, make sure the 32-bit version of your 3D drivers are up to date.
                  It is probably it. I had the same same problem with 64 bit Arch, and Steam on Intel HD4000. Installed 32-bit drivers, and voala >20fps at 1600x900.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    No, they're saying "hold on, we need to pass technical review first".
                    The technical review to use kernels newer than 3.4? How long does a technical review need an AMD's side? I see it as it is, legacy Catalyst is practically dead, I don't even think that there will be an update when Ubuntu 14.04 comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                      The technical review to use kernels newer than 3.4? How long does a technical review need an AMD's side?
                      The problem is reviewing sensitive technical details for 7 year old chips is not a high priority for hw/sw architects that are busy with lots of other things so it can take a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X