Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 331.20 Supports New Kernels, NvFBCOpenGL

Phoronix: NVIDIA 331.20 Supports New Kernels, NvFBCOpenGL

The NVIDIA 331.20 Linux graphics driver has been released today. The NVIDIA 331.20 Linux driver has a workaround to support the Linux 3.11 and 3.12 kernels along with introducing NvFBCOpenGL. The new NvFBCOpenGL is for NVIDIA OpenGL frame-buffer capturing that's high-performance and low-latency...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

" Sadly, however, NvFBC and NvIFR are private APIs... While NVIDIA is nice sometimes like in the case of making the VDPAU video encode/decode API open to the community, NvFBCOpenGL is not. Anyone interested in the interfaces for using this new NVIDIA library must contact the company for details."

LinusFinger.jpeg

Comment

Direct recording would be super useful for what I'm doing. If its performance is better than glc, it would be awesome. Though it's weird that they have a library, and no actual way of making use of it...

Also, yay, new kernel support, just in time for openSUSE 13.1.

Comment

Hmm is these new apis for shadowplay or what? If It is, it surely needs keplers hardware h264 encoder.

But then again Michael didn't quote the rest:
        NvFBC and NvIFR are private APIs that are only available to approved partners for use in remote graphics scenarios. Please contact NVIDIA at [email protected] for more information.
        So is this the used tech that streams over net like computer to shield.

Comment

To those of you on bleeding edge with Metro LL

Don't bother setting this driver up, it breaks the game.
          At least it did for me.

Comment

Pretty sure this is a feature Valve requested for SteamOS.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              Pretty sure this is a feature Valve requested for SteamOS.
              +1

Wonder how they'll allow for Steam Machine with Intel/AMD hardware in the future if they can't use the Steam OS streaming capability.

Comment

Actually you can (easily) record OpenGL with a program called Simple Screen Recorder: http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
                  Actually you can (easily) record OpenGL with a program called Simple Screen Recorder: http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/
                  Wow, that looks really nice. I'll have to try it. Too bad it doesn't support PulseAudio yet.
                  Though it still doesn't match the efficiency of doing all of it on GPU, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
                    On my case i test simplerecorder but i try some capture programs, but after testing i stay with vokoscreen, capture without minor problems on my machine (I capture only video but impact fps seriously: 30 or more percentage depend title)

This is my video list reproduction with some uploaded videos about wine testing

Nvidia Drivers 331.17 (estamos usando el paquete binario (run package) de la pagina de nvidia)***
                    Linux Mint 15 KDE Edition 32Bit - Kernel 3.8.0.26 PAE
                    CPU: AMD Fusion A4 3300 2.5Ghz (Dual-Core) Stock Clock
                    MEM: 8GB DDR3 1333 (2x4) Patriot value (128 bit dual channel: 21.3 gb/s)
                    GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GT630 (GK208 28nm: 384 Shaders / 8 ROPS) Zone Edition Passive Cooling 2GB DDR3 1800Mhz a 64Bit (14.4Gb/s)
                    BOARD: MSI A55M P35
                    sorry for my english, im spanish

Back to theme, im thinking about this

The NVIDIA OpenGL-based Framebuffer Capture (NvFBCOpenGL) library is all about high performance and low-latency captures while also having support to encode the composited frame-buffer of an X11 output
                    This seems come nvidia shadowplay equal to linux???????

Sadly this upgrades its privative but talking seriously, NVIDIA dont want free technologies but if possible using how strategy marketing and this situation i dont think so change in future but privative driver offers more features, on my case performance and features is more important how is driver is free or not

Comment

Working...
                    X