DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edged View Post
    Thanks for the information, but will this break proprietary/commercial drivers - will those need to be updated to be "compatible" with the new X-server? Or am I looking at this in the wrong way, and it's not a restructuring of the entire layout but rather adding of this newer/better pathway design?

Further I have one last question if you would indulge
    Do the supporting libraries/interfaces differ so much that it will require apps to be recompiled/relinked to be able to run accelerated under the new environment?

I don't know about closed driver but i think they use their own libgl so their should not be any problem.

App doesn't need to be recompiled, this interface change are btw the mesa driver and the X server, app never see this layer directly, they call into libGL.

Comment

I second that having a good tutorial for less experienced users about how to recompile Xorg from git would be most appreciated. I can redo drm, mesa, ddx just fine, but even following the directions here http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide I could never get a new xorg which worked 100%.

Debian and other distros are also only shipping the stable Xorg branch, 1.4, so this would be nice for many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillin9 View Post
        I second that having a good tutorial for less experienced users about how to recompile Xorg from git would be most appreciated. I can redo drm, mesa, ddx just fine, but even following the directions here http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide I could never get a new xorg which worked 100%.

Debian and other distros are also only shipping the stable Xorg branch, 1.4, so this would be nice for many reasons.
        The easiest instruction are :

If we de have enough time to write better doc we would likely already have newest code in distrib

Comment

Working...
        X