Clang-Cl Tries To Imitate Visual Studio's Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
    No prob. Anyway, if you say the new versions of MSVC doesn't support it, I might be able to convince the rest of the crew working on that program (who uses MSVC) to put assembly calls in .s or .asm files, and then I can use a trick I've read about to include it as inline in GCC.
    Seems that I'm slowly losing it
    I just rechecked just to be certain, 32bit inline assembly under VC is *about* to be deprecated, but still supported. (Couldn't find the exact link).
    64bit inline assembly is not, and will never be supported. [1]
    Inline assembly is not supported on the Itanium and x64 processors.
    We (my crew) solved the issue by compiling the hybrid asm/C components under MinGW gcc only and supplying them as binary DLL to VC users.
    This in turn greatly reduced our maintenance burden, as we no longer had to support both GCC __asm and VC __asm. (Plus, our main development platform is Linux, we keep Windows for legacy reasons...)

- Gilboa
    [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4ks26t93.aspx
    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
      Seems that I'm slowly losing it
      I just rechecked just to be certain, 32bit inline assembly under VC is *about* to be deprecated, but still supported. (Couldn't find the exact link).
      64bit inline assembly is not, and will never be supported. [1]
      Well, 64 bit is not important for the project I'm talking about, since they are hack-ish extensions for a proprietary game engine (the one running Fallout 2) which will never be released in a 64 bit version.

Comment

Working...
      X