Intel Xeon Processor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Xeon Processor??

Good Day to all of you.. Hmm.. Well I'm just new here in this forum and i would like to ask a question for the Computer Master out there.. I live in the Philippines, not long time a time ago while I'm surfing the net i find this site where it has a price list for the parts of a computer and i saw an Intel Xeon processor and it's priced is affordable to me.. Hmm.. My question now is it Ok to buy this processor? because some of my I.T. friends here tell me that it is for Server based processor only and it is not suitable for PC HOME USER.. I need your comment on this before i buy it? ASAP.. Thankzs..

well, I am using those Xeon processor for my home use

the only thing you need to worry about is the mother board and the Memory.

in most case, you need a 771 socket mother board, and ECC ram

Comment

go for it...

Comment

Originally posted by SharonB View Post
        Good Day to all of you.. Hmm.. Well I'm just new here in this forum and i would like to ask a question for the Computer Master out there.. I live in the Philippines, not long time a time ago while I'm surfing the net i find this site where it has a price list for the parts of a computer and i saw an Intel Xeon processor and it's priced is affordable to me.. Hmm.. My question now is it Ok to buy this processor? because some of my I.T. friends here tell me that it is for Server based processor only and it is not suitable for PC HOME USER.. I need your comment on this before i buy it? ASAP.. Thankzs..
        Probably not worth it. You'll need a server motherbaord that supports 771 socket CPU's, you'll need FB-DIMM ECC ram, and you won't get as many features as on a desktop board. Just the cost of the FB-DIMMs would offset the price difference between the xeon 771 CPU and a core 2 quad/duo 775.

But xeon's are fine for home PC's but there's no point bothering unless you want a dual CPU box.

Comment

Working...
        X