Radeon HDMI audio bug affecting video playback speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon HDMI audio bug affecting video playback speed

I have a problem with the latest kernel releases. My GPU in my HTPC is a Radeon 2600 PRO. It is connected with HDMI cable and I have set "radeon.audio=1" because I don't have seperate sound card.

From 3.10 kernel release and above, when I enable HDMI audio output, video playback speed is faster than normal (about "x4" the real speed).

Till 3.9.11 upstream kernel, video playback was ok. I have checked even 3.12 kernel but bug still exist.

I opened a bug report to launchpad and it seems it is affecting multiple users.

Please someone report that to AMD developers. I really want to upgrade to 3.11 or 3.12 kernel to enable DPM (even in my old GPU temperature difference is more than 8oC) but with such an important bug, I can't.

The PC is connected to TV with HDMI cable. With Xubuntu 13.04 (3.8 kernel) no problem. With Xubuntu 13.10 (3.11 kernel) video playback is like set to fast forward speed. Is is happening both in browser video playback (Youtube) and video playback in Parole or VLC. Checked with or without radeon.dpm=1 and radeon.audio=1 settings. till 3.9.11 kernel, video speed is ok. from 3.10-RC1 bug introduced. Regression commit: 1586505a5db2b221a99feabe61199c2657e9ee23 Potential fix commit: 9255ce80f88ba8...

please Michael move this thread to "Open-Source AMD".

My mistake. Thank you.

Comment

Bisecting kernel versions, found that a commit to 3.10-RC1 kernel introduced the bug. Hope help to find which commit is the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X