• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wohoo!

DL:ing right now. Let's see how it runs on my GT 660Ti

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
      Very nice, I'd love to buy it and put my GTX560 to use finally.

Oh wait, I can't, since Steam won't work on RHEL6.
      Can't you install Ubuntu on a second disk or run it in a chroot or container or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Is there any way to leave comments for developers? They should release this game DRM free, without Steam. Otherwise a wasted release for me.
        Where is my GoG Linux support!

I have it on my wishlist. Right now, since I've only got an Intel APU and have no intention to use big binary blobs to run my gpu, I am kind of stuck waiting for Mesa 11 next year. Hopefully, 2 years after the initial release of SI, AMD might finally have the drivers running at 2/3 the performance of their Windows binary blob. Would be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Is there any way to leave comments for developers? They should release this game DRM free, without Steam. Otherwise a wasted release for me.
          Not sure if the dev has that kind of control over the game, been that it is a book adaptation and the game publishing rights are owned by Deep Silver, who bought them from THQ when they went into bankruptcy.

Comment

I just installed and played a little Last Light. Anyone notice the graphics settings being very minimal, just a sliding bar. It doesn't seem to be visually on par with it's Windows counterpart ATM. I hope this is a work in progress

Comment

Does anyone know how to display FPS count?

Comment

Just installed the game

I concur with the previous post about the single graphics slider. The game looks really good, but the graphics are missing the same level of polish that the Direct3d11 version has. It appears that at least some of the tesselation fetures are missing and the reflective shaders on surfaces aren?t as defined as the Windows version. The surfaces look much more realistic in Windows. Hopefully this is a WIP and we will see these features later on down the line. My PC specs are:

Core I7 4770k
                16gb Corsair Vengence Pro PC2133 ram
                Asus Sabertooth Z87 motherboard
                EVGA GTX 770 2gb SC

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
                  I bought the game and I'm downloading it. Will it work with the opensource driver and Mesa 9.2 or 10?
                  Metro Last Light have problems on r600g https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71239
                  RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    I'd also really like to know, but I very much doubt it at this time.

Metro is an OpenGL 4+ game. Even if it's possible to turn off tesselation (I don't know if it is), it must be making use of geometry shaders, which are still missing from r600g.

This is finally a game where OpenGL 4 is needed.
                    Maybe. On Windows, at least, the game only requires DX9 so that it can run on Windows XP - so the game engine is certainly very capable of running without any geometry or tesselation shaders. People always make that mistake on current games - they will usually try to make use of new features, but almost all of them make it optional so they don't throw away the whole XP userbase, which is still quite significant.

It just depends on how they ported it to OpenGL. If they are only interested in the proprietary drivers, which is very possible, they may require GL4.2 very easily and just assume everyone has it, or may not even work with the core profile that the FOSS drivers support. But if they did a high quality port, there's no reason to think it wouldn't work on the FOSS drivers, at least with a little bit of work.

Comment

Since they have a mac port, there's a good chance they're capable of running under a core profile, since that's all you get there for >2.1 too.

Comment

Working...
                      X