Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD RadeonSI GLAMOR 2D Benchmarks

Phoronix: AMD RadeonSI GLAMOR 2D Benchmarks

For kicking off a new week of Linux benchmarking, to share today are benchmarks looking at three Radeon HD 7000 / Radeon Rx 200 series graphics cards on Ubuntu Linux when looking at the GLAMOR acceleration architecture performance with xf86-video-ati when compared to the proprietary Catalyst driver on the same hardware.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How about GTKperf Lines test ? I had terrible performance (and 2D performance overall) with R9 270X and the latest git code for xf86-video-ati and glamor... Scrolling in firefox ie with some heavy pages results in a - what could be best described as - drag...

Here is the relevant bug report...

GtkPerf 0.40 - Starting testing: Mon Nov 4 22:24:40 2013

GtkEntry - time: 0.02
    GtkComboBox - time: 0.30
    GtkComboBoxEntry - time: 0.31
    GtkSpinButton - time: 0.22
    GtkProgressBar - time: 0.24
    GtkToggleButton - time: 0.16
    GtkCheckButton - time: 0.13
    GtkRadioButton - time: 0.26
    GtkTextView - Add text - time: 0.14
    GtkTextView - Scroll - time: 0.09
    GtkDrawingArea - Lines - time: 259.08
    GtkDrawingArea - Circles - time: 34.65
    GtkDrawingArea - Text - time: 0.55
    GtkDrawingArea - Pixbufs - time: 0.38
    ---
    Total time: 296.51

Here are the results. Try this with Color Tiling disabled and your in for a week of running the test (singular) I still don't get it how I got even better results than you did in all the GtkPerf tests that you posted. As regarding glitches, even when I scroll this very same page, the green bars on the forum breaks diagonally, I get some font corruption from time to time (but this could be an issue outside the scope of ati ddx driver since I get this on Sandy's IGP as well).

3D performance is great however...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: AMD RadeonSI GLAMOR 2D Benchmarks

For kicking off a new week of Linux benchmarking, to share today are benchmarks looking at three Radeon HD 7000 / Radeon Rx 200 series graphics cards on Ubuntu Linux when looking at the GLAMOR acceleration architecture performance with xf86-video-ati when compared to the proprietary Catalyst driver on the same hardware.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=19313
      Lots of interesting benchmarks recently, good work.

Comment

Originally posted by combuster View Post
        How about GTKperf Lines test ? I had terrible performance (and 2D performance overall) with R9 270X and the latest git code for xf86-video-ati and glamor... Scrolling in firefox ie with some heavy pages results in a - what could be best described as - drag...

Here is the relevant bug report...

GtkPerf 0.40 - Starting testing: Mon Nov 4 22:24:40 2013

GtkEntry - time: 0.02
        GtkComboBox - time: 0.30
        GtkComboBoxEntry - time: 0.31
        GtkSpinButton - time: 0.22
        GtkProgressBar - time: 0.24
        GtkToggleButton - time: 0.16
        GtkCheckButton - time: 0.13
        GtkRadioButton - time: 0.26
        GtkTextView - Add text - time: 0.14
        GtkTextView - Scroll - time: 0.09
        GtkDrawingArea - Lines - time: 259.08
        GtkDrawingArea - Circles - time: 34.65
        GtkDrawingArea - Text - time: 0.55
        GtkDrawingArea - Pixbufs - time: 0.38
        ---
        Total time: 296.51

Here are the results. Try this with Color Tiling disabled and your in for a week of running the test (singular) I still don't get it how I got even better results than you did in all the GtkPerf tests that you posted. As regarding glitches, even when I scroll this very same page, the green bars on the forum breaks diagonally, I get some font corruption from time to time (but this could be an issue outside the scope of ati ddx driver since I get this on Sandy's IGP as well).

3D performance is great however...

Per a recent comment at the fdo bugzilla it looks like glamour handles fallback poorly, currently. "Just" fixing it to fallback would help hugely.

Comment

It would be nice to redo the tests with Tiling enabled, which is now in git -ati.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            It would be nice to redo the tests with Tiling enabled, which is now in git -ati.

As shown by the logs, tiling was enabled...

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
            X