Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Broadwell GPU Support Pushed To Mesa Git Branch

Phoronix: Intel Broadwell GPU Support Pushed To Mesa Git Branch

Earlier today I wrote at length about Intel open-sourcing their Broadwell graphics driver code for Linux support months ahead of the 2014 processor debut. Besides the kernel changes queued up for the Linux 3.13 kernel, the Broadwell OpenGL/3D driver support has turned up in a Mesa Git branch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Don't read too much into the thread counts...I simply copied them from Haswell GT3, and left this comment:
    /* Thread counts and URB limits are placeholders, and may not be accurate. */

As usual, real thread counts will come later.
    Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Intel Broadwell GPU Support Pushed To Mesa Git Branch

Earlier today I wrote at length about Intel open-sourcing their Broadwell graphics driver code for Linux support months ahead of the 2014 processor debut. Besides the kernel changes queued up for the Linux 3.13 kernel, the Broadwell OpenGL/3D driver support has turned up in a Mesa Git branch...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwMjk
      " The URB size has also quadrupled to 512 and the max VS entries supported are now 1664 over 512 and 640 GS entries over 192 on Gen7 hardware. Quite "

Quite what ?

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        " The URB size has also quadrupled to 512 and the max VS entries supported are now 1664 over 512 and 640 GS entries over 192 on Gen7 hardware. Quite "

Quite what ?
        He probably exceeded the phoronix character limit.

Comment

I was hoping that Broadwell would put Iris into more laptops yet I continue to see SKU fragmentation.

Hopefully there's a GT3e part in there.

Comment

How many EUs we get from BDW GT3?

Comment

Working...
            X