Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: 13-Way R600/RadeonSI GPU Comparison With Mesa 10.1 On Ubuntu 14.04

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,628

    Default 13-Way R600/RadeonSI GPU Comparison With Mesa 10.1 On Ubuntu 14.04

    Phoronix: 13-Way R600/RadeonSI GPU Comparison With Mesa 10.1 On Ubuntu 14.04

    With the imminent release of Mesa 10.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS landing this updated open-source 3D graphics stack at the last minute, here are some benchmarks of this preliminary open-source GPU driver stack of Ubuntu 14.04 with Mesa 10.1 and the Linux 3.13 kernel. With Mesa 10.1 there is now also Unigine Heaven & Valley benchmarks that are now compatible with the Radeon Gallium3D drivers.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=19933

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Why isn't there Radeon 4850 in the tests?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    It's not too surprising the R7 260X did so poorly as it's GCN 1.1 hardware. I'd be surprised if the 7790, R9 290 and R9 290X didn't have similar issues.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
    It's not too surprising the R7 260X did so poorly as it's GCN 1.1 hardware. I'd be surprised if the 7790, R9 290 and R9 290X didn't have similar issues.
    IIRC all of the CIK hardware (7790, R9 290, Kaveri, Kabini) will be running at low clocks with the 3.13 kernel unless dpm is forced on manually. As of 3.14 rc1 dpm should be on by default for all of them and clocks will be higher.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    IIRC all of the CIK hardware (7790, R9 290, Kaveri, Kabini) will be running at low clocks with the 3.13 kernel unless dpm is forced on manually. As of 3.14 rc1 dpm should be on by default for all of them and clocks will be higher.
    Out of interest, what does CIK stand for?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
    Out of interest, what does CIK stand for?
    *bridgman tries to remember...

    I think it was C for Sea Islands (CI), I for Indus (platform name for Kaveri), K for Kerala (platform name for Kabini). Something like that.

    Anyways, when we say "CIK" we mean "APUs and dGPUs which have a CI graphics core" -- Bonaire, Hawaii, Kabini and Kaveri so far...

    ... or the "RBxx" row in the Radeon 3D Hardware section of the RadeonFeature page:

    http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature
    Last edited by bridgman; 02-28-2014 at 01:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    *bridgman tries to remember...

    I think it was C for Sea Islands (CI), I for Indus (platform name for Kaveri), K for Kerala (platform name for Kabini). Something like that.

    Anyways, CIK means "APUs and dGPUs with CI graphics", so Bonaire, Hawaii, Kabini and Kaveri so far.
    Unsee, unsee!! CIK is easier to remember

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    204

    Default

    @bridgman Wait, do you have unlimited edit time? That's not fair

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,570

    Default

    Nope, 5 minutes like everyone else. But I squeeze every last second out of those 5 minutes

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    I think it was C for Sea Islands (CI), I for Indus (platform name for Kaveri), K for Kerala (platform name for Kabini). Something like that.
    Whose bright idea was it to follow up Southern Islands (SI) with Sea Islands? (SI, no, wait, CIK?)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •