Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Continue To Be Frustrated With Canonical

Phoronix: KDE Developers Continue To Be Frustrated With Canonical

Following Mark Shuttleworth's critical comments about those opposed to Mir and his statements being challenged, multiple KDE developers in particular have been expressing their outrage...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Canonical is ruining things for FOSS with shenanigans like this

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
      Canonical is ruining things for FOSS with shenanigans like this
      Sure, but the fun flame-wars while eating another bag of popcorn kinda compensate the damage.

Comment

Just leave Cannonical in peace...(kde and red hat) the post of martin is so gay XD
        Last edited by felipe; 01 November 2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

lol the post of felipe is so gay XD

Comment

There will be no debate

There will be no debate, because an ongoing flame war will just shed bad light on everyone involved.

Especially Mark Shuttleworth who is likely to just be wrong and twist words to suit his agenda.
            Mark Shuttleworth does a poor attempt to be a PR machine and he often spit incorrect stuff and try twist stuff and hype stuff stuff to try to hype Ubuntu but often ends up just pissing people and saying stupid shit.

Some years ago, Canonical was a commercial backer of Ubuntu and part of the community.
            These days, its like Canonical isn't even part of the community, they just run things in whatever way the see fit with disregard for the community and the developers.

Comment

So the KDE/Wayland/redhat/insert competitor's name here, have hurt feelings about a post MS wrote weeks ago...
              Yawn.

Don't they have anything better to do. Have they not seen the way google/apple/microsoft compete... Get over it. After all the silly paranoid accusations that have been leveled at Canonical in recent months, I was surprised by the mildness remarks of MS.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                There will be no debate, because an ongoing flame war will just shed bad light on everyone involved.

Especially Mark Shuttleworth who is likely to just be wrong and twist words to suit his agenda.
                Mark Shuttleworth does a poor attempt to be a PR machine and he often spit incorrect stuff and try twist stuff and hype stuff stuff to try to hype Ubuntu but often ends up just pissing people and saying stupid shit.

Some years ago, Canonical was a commercial backer of Ubuntu and part of the community.
                These days, its like Canonical isn't even part of the community, they just run things in whatever way the see fit with disregard for the community and the developers.
                Reluctantly, I have to agree. Probably nothing would be accomplished by the debate.

I used to be an enthusiastic Ubuntu user, but I've moved back to Debian and will mostly likely stay with it. Ubuntu really could have been a partner to Debian and helped push Linux development forward, but now (especially with Mir) they are fragmenting our community and probably doing more harm than good.

I continually hope that Mark Shuttleworth will change course and cooperate more with developers who are not fixated on Unity and Mir, but I can't say that I'm optimistic.

Comment

You can't tell me the KDE or Opponents of Mir aren't being their own stronghold. It's clear they have taken up Wayland, not neutral ground.

I personally think Mir will be the better outcome for the User who wants device functionality, but Wayland will probably be better for open community principles even though Canonical is open too. I hope both Wayland and Mir work on all distros in future and the arguments can stop.
                  Last edited by e8hffff; 01 November 2013, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by felipe View Post
                    Just leave Cannonical in peace...(kde and red hat) the post of martin is so gay XD
                    His rant come across like a German Tourist talking unfamiliar English. It was rounded in translations. Read between the lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X