APU Dual Graphics a thing on Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APU Dual Graphics a thing on Linux?

Are the APU-Radeon "dual graphics" supported in Catalyst drivers? I'm thinking of buying an A10-6800K and wondering if there's a Radeon pairing possibility for the future.

If so, what's the appropriate pairing for the 6800K, because AMD's page doesn't appear to have been updated for Richland chips?

Also curious about APU + Discrete GPU with Radeon or Catalyst

Is it possible to utilize both a discrete AMD GPU and an A6/8/10 APU's graphics cores sumiltaneously on Linux with either the open or closed drivers? Call it "Dual Graphics" "Hybrid" "Crossfire" or whatever, does it work?

Comment

The open drivers do not support crossfire. On them you'd have two separate GPUs, and be able to use them independently.

Comment

What about Catalyst?

Will the Catalyst driver allow "hybrid crossfire" -- leveraging the processing power of both the A6/8/10 APU's integrated GPU **and** that of the discrete GPU?

Comment

I could never make it work with catalyst... llano APU + 6750M

Comment

According to this review you can pair the HD6670 or 6570 with it. Scroll down to see the chart. Unless your pressed for time why not wait for Kaveri ? The graphics on one of those apu's will probably equal or even exceed the hybrid crossfire of Richland.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
            Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
              According to this review you can pair the HD6670 or 6570 with it. Scroll down to see the chart. Unless your pressed for time why not wait for Kaveri ? The graphics on one of those apu's will probably equal or even exceed the hybrid crossfire of Richland.
              I'm too impatient to wait and went with the Richland, but I made sure to get a mobo with an FM2+ socket so a future upgrade to a Kaveri or maybe a Carrizo in a couple years would be an option.

Though I'm still curious about the hybrid crossfire support in the linux drivers in theory, in practice the Richland is running every game I've tried without slowdown all by itself, so its pretty low priority.

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X