Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Phoronix: Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Amazon.com's product listing for World of Warcraft is now listing Linux support for the popular MMORPG from Blizzard...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Amazon.com's product listing for World of Warcraft is now listing Linux support for the popular MMORPG from Blizzard...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwMDU
    Im sorry that i dont believe that, Amazon said a couple of weeks ago that CIV V will be out for linux on 22nd of october ...
    (dont get me wrong i really would love to believe and it is still possible since blizzard said they will publish a game this year on linux
    but still i want to see it happen first )

Comment

Thankfully WoW works extremely well via WINE. I've been running it using CrossOver for years now, with nary an issue. The few minor issues I did encounter, the CrossOver tech support folks were fantastic in getting them resolved fast.

But yes, a native client would be most welcome. Between Steam and Wow, that covers a huge audience, and would hopefully encourage other A-list developers to produce Linux builds.

Comment

I am not a gamer, but I am currently investing some money on games on Linux, That's pure strategy to investment on Linux Graphic development

Comment

Windows 95 ?

I hate to burst your bubble here but it also lists Windows 95 and I'm a bit skeptical about that one

Comment

Putting WoW on Linux would certainly bring me back as a subscriber. If it got on Steam/SteamOS, it would be a boon for Valve not to mention Blizzard.

Comment

Just like ... 5 to 8 years too late for anyone to care ...
              srsly, who is still playing WoW? I stopped 3 years ago iirc

Comment

It also lists Windows 95,98 and Me. Yeah, seems legit. Another Phoronix "special" folks. Get HYPED!

Comment

It would certainly helps the transition over to Linux for a lot of people. I know I would be concerned about using WoW on Linux. Even though it does work perfectly fine with WINE.

Comment

As usual it's a mistake.
                    Amazon also still claims CivilizationV to be compatible:
                    http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Civ.../dp/B003O6EFW6

Comment

Working...
                    X