Firefox 25 Now Shipping With Minor Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    It won't until its officially announced. It always gets pushed to FTP a day or so before release, and Michael does always make a note when it officially hits the FTP server.

The 25.0 directory was pushed to the FTP monday, and Tuesday is listed as the official release date for 25. So, so far so good.
    As I said on the first page... https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo.../releasenotes/
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I have seen that feature, Opera has that too, but what I particularly liked about Opera is you could highlight text, middle-click on the tab bar, and it would create a new tab, paste the text in the URL bar, and automatically search (or go to the URL if it was a URL). You can't get any faster than that - just 2 clicks with a mouse and you are handling 5 separate tasks. I believe Chrome can do this too, except you middle click on new-tab button.
      Well, I know that you can highlight text then drag-and-drop it to the tab bar for it to be loaded/searched (Depending on if it is a url or not, doesn't need http://) if that helps at all. Still two clicks, just a bit of dragging involved :P

Personnaly I like my system to have the same look and feel everywhere and use my Gtk theme of choice, so different tabs is both a bad thing and a waste of human ressources.

The same can be said for the ? one button menu ?: non standard and requires one more click. Thankfully Firefox (24) under Arch linux does have a proper menu and not this button.

Then if the addon bar is gone, how will I be able to quickly change the settings of Cookie Controller, NoScript and Stylish? How will I see the current zoom value, and if Linkify, HTTPSEverywhere or AdBlock+ are enabled or not? I hope the status-4-evar addon will still work.
      - Firefox is still Dictated by your GTK theme... what did I say that made you think it wasn't?
      - The "one menu button" doesn't matter. If you want the "menu bar" you can always press Alt+v and select "view > toolbars > menubar" which also gets rid of the "one menu button".
      - The addon bar is gone, but you can put all of those icons into the bars at the top of the page or in the menu (or nowhere?). Again, not a great idea but I think they had their reasons... Maybe the old addon bar was hacked into place and they're just writing up a new one atm?

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        - The addon bar is gone, but you can put all of those icons into the bars at the top of the page or in the menu (or nowhere?). Again, not a great idea but I think they had their reasons... Maybe the old addon bar was hacked into place and they're just writing up a new one atm?
        For me that would really be a serious show stopper. I don't use any bars or menus at the top (I would even like to get rid of the menu-button), the addon-bar is integrated in my status bar. If that is gone I would have to re-enable a whole bar at the top for the two add-ons that I have in the addon-bar, which would consider to be a serious waste of screenspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
          For me that would really be a serious show stopper. I don't use any bars or menus at the top (I would even like to get rid of the menu-button), the addon-bar is integrated in my status bar. If that is gone I would have to re-enable a whole bar at the top for the two add-ons that I have in the addon-bar, which would consider to be a serious waste of screenspace.
          Or, again, you could put those addons in the menu itself. That way they don't take up screenspace but are easily accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            Well, I know that you can highlight text then drag-and-drop it to the tab bar for it to be loaded/searched (Depending on if it is a url or not, doesn't need http://) if that helps at all. Still two clicks, just a bit of dragging involved :P
            Hmm I did not know about that - thanks for the tip, that's actually pretty handy, and not OS specific.

Comment

Just got my 64 bit MEX 12.10 linux desktop working again by replacing the graphics card. I immediately did a software update. I'm using KDE desktop (Mex distro lets you choose between 7 DE's).

FIREFOX FREEZES ON PHORONIX WEBSITE
              same thing for photobucket website

help>about yes it's Firefox 25
              I tried resetting Firefox and I've restarted twice. I don't have any extensions and I went in to about the 7 addons and disabled the always on to ask before on 4 of them. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted.

Phoronix website still freezes it. I'm pretty sure it is the recent pop-up ads on Phoronix website which when I was coming here on my little win 7 laptop have changed to no longer have a x to close on them and the only way to get rid of them is to refresh the page.
              I'm guessing there is a similar pop up on photobucket. Now I just tried it on yahoo.com and it is freezing on that site too. It seems to only like text or forum websites now.

Comment

Fixed. Disabled all addons and went to adobe and got latest libflashplayer.so and deleted old one and replaced it with new one.

Comment

Working...
                X