Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features To Be Found In Mesa 10.0

Phoronix: Features To Be Found In Mesa 10.0

Mesa 10.0 will hopefully be released by the end of November and with it will come plenty of new features and improvements to the open-source Linux graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

or even the Mir display driver support
    I've not seen recent patches for Mir support.

I remember there was one during the summer, but was accompagnied by patches to the gallium dri interface.
    The patches were incomplete, have been completed and pushed again recently (without the part with Mir).
    We need these patches for Prime support on Wayland.

Comment

Can I compile mesa 10 source and use it with my current kernel (ubuntu 13.10)? And if I do that will I still be able to update the OS normally - including the kernel of course?

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
        Can I compile mesa 10 source and use it with my current kernel (ubuntu 13.10)? And if I do that will I still be able to update the OS normally - including the kernel of course?
        Which linux/bsd/etc distribution are you running?

If you're running Ubuntu, look here:

Otherwise, yes, you can build mesa on your own... just install it to /usr/local (or another location), and update your library path appropriately to pick up the new drivers from that directory.

Comment

All of them are marked as DONE

Just thought everybody would like to know, the gl3.txt file has been updated.

Everything that falls under GL3.x is DONE.

Comment

4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 dosn't actually seam that fare of. By the time we have them 4.3 is probably with in reach to, but then we probably see the anouncment of openGL 5 or 4.5.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
              4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 dosn't actually seam that fare of. By the time we have them 4.3 is probably with in reach to, but then we probably see the anouncment of openGL 5 or 4.5.
              We can all hope and pray that OpenGL 5 will be the "Clean break" release that Longs Peak was supposed to be
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Speaking of OpenGL progress, this page needs updating, badly:

Comment

Working...
                X