No announcement yet.

New Catalyst 13.11 Beta Supports The R9 290X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this driver based on a new branch since it supports the R9 290X ASICs?
    Considering the minor version change, I doubt it.
    However, if it improves things drastically - great!

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      AntiAliasing still causes some problems with performance and input latency, so try if disabling AA helps. Also there are some corner cases like using flashlight in HL2 which are still somewhat problematic, so it's not just you.
      Thank you for the response.
      AA was not enough, had to disable Motion Blurr, too... :-(
      But this driver has more improvements than i ever expected. Hopefully it is no accident and the next beta (i can't remember the word "catalyst-stable" ^^) will "fix" it
      Last edited by Kemosabe; 26 October 2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
        Is this driver based on a new branch since it supports the R9 290X ASICs?
        Considering the minor version change, I doubt it.
        However, if it improves things drastically - great!
        The version number of Catalyst means nothing anymore. They just didn't want to write 13.12 in October already. It is kinda a new branch (13.250).

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          Kind of fixed, here is my ebuild: http://bpaste.net/show/144099/

Comment

Just a heads up: I wasn't able to install them on kernel 3.9 (error while compiling), I had to upgrade to 3.11 and then they installed fine.

Comment

Anyone got improvements playing Europa Universalis 4 on steam ( linux native ) with these latest drivers?

I tried it a few days ago with ubuntu 12.04.3 and ubuntu 13.10 and it felt so slow... low fps... the input lag was very anoying...

Have an amd radeon hd 5570 and in windows everything is flawless...

Comment

Originally posted by crepito View Post
                Anyone got improvements playing Europa Universalis 4 on steam ( linux native ) with these latest drivers?

I tried it a few days ago with ubuntu 12.04.3 and ubuntu 13.10 and it felt so slow... low fps... the input lag was very anoying...

Have an amd radeon hd 5570 and in windows everything is flawless...
                I Don't have EU4, but I do have CK2, which I believe is on the same engine. I tried it with this latest beta6 drivers, and it seemed quite smooth to me, and I noticed no input lag. I have a Radeon Mobility 7770.

Comment

Latest 13.11 beta makes TF2 unplayable. Severe input lag and severe graphics lag overall compared to betav1.

Move mouse right to look right, character looks right 3-5 seconds after I move my mouse. Same goes with any direction.

Moving with WASD also has severe lag, pressing W to move forward and then S to move back will be delayed by 6 seconds for me.

Comment

Can someone on the blob try running radeontop?

It should show correct results, and has no chance of causing issues - I just need confirmation that the values are indeed correct.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                      Can someone on the blob try running radeontop?

It should show correct results, and has no chance of causing issues - I just need confirmation that the values are indeed correct.
                      Tested it with a radeon 6850 + 13.11 beta 6 and it looks likes it is working.

Comment

Working...
                      X