Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8.1 vs. Linux Benchmark Results Are Coming

Phoronix: Windows 8.1 vs. Linux Benchmark Results Are Coming

Coming as soon as later today will be benchmark results comparing the performance of Microsoft Windows 8.1 against Linux in various graphics-focused workloads for Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Microsoft is excitied already!

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      lol that's pretty funny. However, that could mean that they're confident Windows 8.1 will win in a lot of tests, though, I personally wouldn't keep my hopes up for that.

This also reminds me of how every once in a while, there's an ad for MS products on this website.

Comment

Great. It would be awsome Linux catalyst vs Linux free driver (plus dpm (with the flag set in performance) + mesa 10.0) vs Windows 8.1. Afterall, this does not happen every day. It is important to know than W8.1 brings improvements for AMD cards.

Comment

Excellent news. Where do you get the time to do all those tests?

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
            Excellent news. Where do you get the time to do all those tests?
            Working generally all day (12~14+ hours) and doing so 7 days a week, plus the automated support of the Phoronix Test Suite is a big factor in being able to get tests done properly and accurately and reproducible.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              Bot or real? I remember there was a company replying with a bot to its customers.

Comment

Give us CPU comparisons!
                Audio-video encoding, rendering etc...

Comment

Power consumption.

Comment

Boot/loading times?

Comment

Working...
                    X