Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radeonsi opengl version

Hi All,

Does anyone know if radeonsi from mesa git is yet reporting GL 3.0 as its version string? Looking at the recent git commits I would guess not, but I haven't had a chance to actually test it recently.

Regards,
    Phil Potter

Originally posted by PhilPotter View Post
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if radeonsi from mesa git is yet reporting GL 3.0 as its version string? Looking at the recent git commits I would guess not, but I haven't had a chance to actually test it recently.

Regards,
    Phil Potter
    Looks like it:

~ $ DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo | grep OpenGL
    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-9807556)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL context flags: (none)
    OpenGL extensions:
    ~ $

I personally want it up to 3.1 so I can play Natural Selection 2 with the open source stack.

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
      I personally want it up to 3.1 so I can play Natural Selection 2 with the open source stack.
      Are you sure it's not already supporting 3.1 core profile and all you need is a newer glxinfo? I don't have radeonsi hw so I can't test, but r600g lists this with a recent glxinfo:

Code:
      $ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
      OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER
      OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-08bf527)
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
      OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
      OpenGL core profile extensions:
      OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-08bf527)
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
      OpenGL context flags: (none)
      OpenGL extensions:

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
        Are you sure it's not already supporting 3.1 core profile and all you need is a newer glxinfo?
        You're probably right, but just having the core profile at 3.1 isn't enough to run NS2, unfortunately.

Comment

OpenGL 3.1 and later versions are only supported with the Core profile.
          There are no plans to support GL_ARB_compatibility. The last supported OpenGL
          version with all deprecated features is 3.0. Some of the later GL features
          are exposed in the 3.0 context as extensions.

Comment

What is the implication of this, if you don't mind me asking? I unfortunately don't know enough about OpenGL to be able to properly interperet this.

Comment

If ns2 needs a 3.1 non-core profile (e.g. compatibility profile) you will never (at least not for a while) play it on open source drivers. If it just needs 3.1 core + some extensions you will be able to play it as soons as they are implemented/advertised.

Comment

Working...
              X