Football Manager Shows More Linux GPU Driver Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    In other words, the Debian user fixed the problem by transferring a copy of the lighting_cache.skc file from the Windows version of Football Manager to the Linux version and the graphics worked out fine?

If that's the case, doesn't that simply mean that it is the particular file that is broken under the Linux version of FM?
    No, they copied the file from a system that was set to en_US regional settings (meaning the , and . are swapped when it comes to numbers). It's also fixed if you start the game with the LANG=C options.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      Ubuntu brought Steam to Linux.
      Nonsense. Valve has simply chosen the most popular distro. This was Ubuntu, but it is not Canonical's or Ubuntu's merit that Steam aims at Linux. Valve would have chosen any distro if it had been more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
        Nonsense. Valve has simply chosen the most popular distro. This was Ubuntu, but it is not Canonical's or Ubuntu's merit that Steam aims at Linux. Valve would have chosen any distro if it had been more popular.
        No longer a pipe-dream or a beta, the Steam gaming client is now available for Ubuntu. What was that about there not being any games for Linux?

Canonical and Valve have worked closely together to make Ubuntu the best performing open platform for gaming and now the ultimate entertainment platform is fully supported."

But lets say that Valve simply chose Ubuntu and not that Canonical helped Valve to port Steam. Steam is proprietary. Who wants proprietary (devil) stuff to his open-source paradise?

Why should Valve (devil) support distributions that DON'T WANT proprietary software supported?

For those distributions Xonotic is open and available.. I am with the Valve/Canonical devil side and Football Manager on Linux is the absolutely singe one game I was dreaming to see.
        Last edited by verde; 22 October 2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

http://www.zdnet.com/pc-gaming-comes...se-7000011340/
          Canonical and Valve have worked closely together to make Ubuntu the best performing open platform for gaming and now the ultimate entertainment platform is fully supported."

But lets say that Valve simply chose Ubuntu and not that Canonical helped Valve to port Steam. Steam is proprietary. Who wants proprietary (devil) stuff to his open-source paradise?

Why should Valve (devil) support distributions that DON'T WANT proprietary software supported?

For those distributions Xonotic is open and available.. I am with the Valve/Canonical devil side and Football Manager on Linux is the absolutely singe one game I was dreaming to see.
          Following your logic the obvious choice for Valve should have been one of the BSDs, not Linux.

Comment

Ubuntu brought Steam to Linux. Ubuntu should be supported first.

Where is the problem?

In the end Steam is proprietary. And as (some of the) Linux community insist proprietary is the devil and must die together with Ubuntu (open-source but supports proprietary stuff) and anyone that the man who eats his dead foot skin dislike.

Get-a-life!
            That is not his problem, his problem is that they refuse to even read the users comments because he used an unsupported distribution. It doesn't matter if that one supported platform is Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Fedora or RHEL.

Btw, regarding the problem. Since most programs start in the "C" locale regardless of how the terminal or desktop is configured (i.e my system is set to "sv_SE.UTF-8" but all my C programs still use the "C" locale) these game developers must clearly use some library or other function that sets the locale to that of the system?

Because if I query the current locale I get "C":

Code:
            fultra@ubuntu:~$ cat test.c 

#include <locale.h>
            #include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, char **argv)
            {
            	printf ("locale=%s\n", setlocale (LC_ALL, NULL));
            	return 0;
            }

fultra@ubuntu:~$ gcc test.c
            fultra@ubuntu:~$ locale
            LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8
            LANGUAGE=sv_SE:en
            LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF-8"
            LC_ALL=

fultra@ubuntu:~$ ./a.out 
            locale=C

fultra@ubuntu:~$
            So one has to willingly set the locale to that of the system by calling with setlocale (LC_ALL, "");
            Last edited by F.Ultra; 24 October 2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X