Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Begins With Key Package Upgrades

Phoronix: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Begins With Key Package Upgrades

Now with Mark Shuttleworth having announced the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS codename last Friday, a day after the debut of Ubuntu 13.10, this next Ubuntu Linux release is now officially under development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Which version of Wayland are they going to package?
    I am not trolling, simply planning to use Ubuntu with Wayland+Gnome if this is an available option.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      syncing from Debian stable
      That was Debian unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
        I am not trolling, simply planning to use Ubuntu with Wayland+Gnome if this is an available option.
        My super quick search found the Debian Unstable has Weston (1.3.0-1). I think Wayland and Weston have similar numbering, right? So Wayland 1.3, the newest release.

I wonder if we'll see any Ubuntu-spins with Wayland/Weston this cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
          Ubuntu 14.04 LTS will stick with GNOME 3.8 and GTK+ 3.8 from what it looks like right now (discussion was early October), so this won't work anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Ubuntu 14.04 LTS will stick with GNOME 3.8 and GTK+ 3.8 from what it looks like right now (discussion was early October), so this won't work anyway.
            Gnome Ubuntu could provide their own ppa as part of the release. They might take that route.

Comment

It would be great if one of these package updates ended up being for cryptsetup. Saucy still uses 1.4.3, which doesn't support TrueCrypt containers.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                I think Wayland and Weston have similar numbering, right? So Wayland 1.3, the newest release.
                Yes, at least for now Wayland And Weston are kept in lock-step since they are released together
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Ubuntu Trusty is now syncing from Debian unstable
                  So the LTS releases are not based on Testing anymore? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by hiddenmaverick View Post
                    It would be great if one of these package updates ended up being for cryptsetup. Saucy still uses 1.4.3, which doesn't support TrueCrypt containers.
                    Bug report filed here:
                    Version 1.6 of cryptsetup was released in January, but was not included for the 13.10 release. It's been supported in Debian Testing since 28 June 2013, as version 1.6.1 (released in March), though upstream 1.6.2 is the latest stable release and was released in August. http://packages.debian.org/jessie/cryptsetup http://ftp-master.metadata.debian.org/changelogs//main/c/cryptsetup/cryptsetup_1.6.1-1_changelog https://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/wiki/Cryptsetup161 https://code.google.com/p/cry...

Log in and let them know it effects you. Right now, 14.04 is still on 1.4.3, which kind of sucks seeing as Debian has been on 1.6.1 since June.

Comment

Working...
                    X