Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe install nexuiz and use

nexuiz -benchmark demos/demo1

to compare. Then you use at least a "real" game not just glxgears which is useless.

Comment

To put them on a more even level, maybe you should disable one of the cores on the dual core machine by passing nosmp in the kernel line in grub. You should also lock the speed at 800MHz and turn off the CPU intensive features as mentioned before.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Maybe install nexuiz and use

nexuiz -benchmark demos/demo1

to compare. Then you use at least a "real" game not just glxgears which is useless.
        I had to re-install the Acer one (single-core Xpress 1100) in 32-bits. I'll conduct a test with Nexuiz as soon as I have the system fully updated and what not.

Shae:

I have already run similar tests disabling SMP, virtually identical results.

By the way, one thing I have noticed about glxgears (and while we all agree it is NOT a real test, more like a demo) the fact that it does not use any actual texture data, but only colors to draw the gears on screen, should yield much faster renderings.

Last time I tested with ioquake3, the results were a consistent ~20 FPS delta using the default demo. Nexuiz is a bit more demanding a game, so it should give a better picture at which system is actually more capable (bloom, shadows, HDR, glare, etc). As soon as I can, I'll test it.

Comment

Working...
        X