• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by synaptix View Post
    Anyone remember Marks little comment here:

hey they submited like 2 lines of code to Xwayland LOL

Comment

smspillaz (Compiz-dev, ex-canonical employee) Also wrote a blog article on Mark's comments / this situation.

I was a little taken aback today by Mark’s “tea party” comment on the Trusty Tahr release announcement today. To try and put it in as much context as possible:Mir is really import…

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
        I love how "Tea Party" has quickly become one of the greatest insults available.
        You mean it isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
          You are confused. CLA was one of the reasons MIR why MIR could not get supported on Kwin. Go read about it so you wont look this uneducated.
          or a single distribution solution?

As you might have seen in Jonathan’s blog post we discussed Mir in Kubuntu at the “Mataro Sessions II”. It’s a topic I would have preferred to not have to discuss at all. Bu…

Comment

FOSS would be nothing without the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              FOSS would be nothing without the drama.
              i think its time to work on a new project other them ubuntu Tanglu linux looks really good they really just need man power

Comment

Not really " Linux users" but rather "Linux desktop developers"

And Aaron Siego is calling Shuttleworth for a public debate on why Mir is not a good idea for Canonical . That makes no sense to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                  This is not about CLA at all, so STFU and try to troll somewhere else, maybe you can find a place where people are stupid enough to believe your bullshit.
                  In reality, that was one of the points that Aaron made against any of canonical projects: because there is a CLA. So there you have a double standard. Let alone his rationalizations about this. Aaron is just serving as a yet another polarizing agent. This is a no-go.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
                    Too bad they don't give Qt CLA the same treatment. Double standards
                    But that is cross platform, like really cross platform and isn't there a clause that if it gets closed digia has to dump the code to the open source community so they can develop it from there? To me its cross platform effort is like a check and balance against the closed source OS's and the clause is a check and balance against digia and the CLA part is some sort of check and balance against any dev that would try to take it and wall it off or something like that. I'm not a dev so I don't understand these things fully but checks and balances are good IMO.

--

My reply to Mark is;
                    I'm just a consumer. I own 2 pc's and I'm a fan of the Nokia dev's that got put out of Nokia so I've owned lots of Nokia phones/tablets. When I heard you took one of the Sailfish dev's libhybris and didn't give him any kind of advanced warning and made this thing called mir instead of contributing to Wayland that pretty much nailed it for me that I won't be using Ubuntu as soon as mir gets added to it. Right now I'm using Kubuntu 13.10 on one laptop and the desktop has Mex distro which is Ubuntu 12.10 with my choice of various DE's (but it's dead due to a hw issue). I've tried various DE's. Cinnamon was no frills and fast, KDE was flexible and not too slow and Unity was just Apple like and I kept hearing on various forums that it slows games down so I did not really like it much.

Nobody is stopping Mir, they are just objecting to it for their own development projects. I object to it because it seems like you are trying to go the Apple route. I think you might be one of those people that will say anything (even the opposite of reality) in order to stay or be a 1%er. People that abuse capitalism are pretty much a major cause of problems in this country. The haves and have nots dichotomy with huge giant differences in assets and revenue is not sustainable over the long run. More sustainable would be the haves and the haves some.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                      That is supposed to mean "I do not care what distro does what". Why should Ubuntu care about what Martin does then? I hope the don't care , even more when Kwin is the most resource hungry window manager in the planet.

Comment

Working...
                      X