No announcement yet.

Shuttleworth Challenged Over Mir Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Aaron also swap letters in his family name according to Michael?

Comment

The proof that Linux community is the reason that "a" Linux distribution never became popular to the desktop masses.

Linux community = haters, fanboys and politics all over the place...

Comment

So that's why as of this morning the popcorn price went up.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
          The proof that Linux community is the reason that "a" Linux distribution never became popular to the desktop masses.

Yeah like when Mark Shuttleworth degraded women
          For the past few days, I've been reading several blog reactions (like here , here , here , and most recently here ) against Mark Shuttlewort...

Comment

Michael, actually his name is Aaron Seigo not Siego :P

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post

I can't think of one arena where there isn't fandom.

Comment

Doesn't sound like an interesting discussion at all... Aaron is mostly technical minded, Marc is these days more funtional/political.

I would say they don't even talk the same language. Pointless discussion unless you're interested in social/communication skills... in that case my money is on Marc.

Comment

This is Epic LOL

Aaron Seigo
                  +Jono Bacon You are not Mark. I fully respect that. Which is why I did not ask for a debate with you or with Canonical or with Ubuntu (whatever that might mean ..).

Mark opened his mouth and has once again set a terrible example for everyone around him. Mark is largely responsible for setting the attitude and opinions found within the Ubuntu community, and as such bears a responsibility:when he creates schisms and promulgates lies, they become visible across the entire faultline along the Ubuntu user community within the larger Free software community.

Mark does not occupy a privileged position which makes it OK for him to speak his mind, particularly in this fashion, such that is not OK for others to respond in an adult fashion as I have here. You can't quiet a valid response to a statement made in public without hypocritically aligning with that statement.

I will not pretend Mark did not say what he did, nor will I allow his false statements go unchallenged in front of the community he is trying to convince.

As such, this is between Mark and those he addressed. I do not recognize you as a valid intermediary. Mark spoke for himself, and so am I.

Go home, Jono, you are neither wanted nor needed here.

Comment

Anyone remember Marks little comment here:

The next major transition for Unity will be to deliver it on Wayland, the OpenGL-based display management system. We?d like to embrace Wayland early, as much of the work we?re doing on uTouch and other input systems will be relevant for Wayland and it?s an area we can make a useful contribution to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
                      Too bad they don't give Qt CLA the same treatment. Double standards
                      This is not about CLA at all, so STFU and try to troll somewhere else, maybe you can find a place where people are stupid enough to believe your bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                      X