Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMir Performance Measured On Ubuntu 13.10

Phoronix: XMir Performance Measured On Ubuntu 13.10

While the Ubuntu 13.10 desktop isn't using Mir/XMir by default, the packages are available within the archive for those wanting to test out the next-generation display server for Ubuntu. To see how the 2D/3D performance is when running under XMir with the Unity System Compositor, I ran some new benchmarks using this week's Ubuntu 13.10 release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So

So Micheal, can you finally shut up your fuc*ing mouth and tell us Xmir is good without telling us Xwayland is extraordinary good compared to Xmir?! We already know that you are a Wayland fan, but you are really obsessive! Sorry for that, but i love truth. Cause i think love is truth an truth is love. Take care!
    Last edited by tacco; 19 October 2013, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tacco View Post
      So Micheal, can you finally shut up your fuc*ing mouth and tell us Xmir is good without telling us Xwayland is extraordinary good compared to Xmir?! We already know that you are a Wayland fan, but you are really obsessive! Sorry for that, but i love truth. Cause i think love is truth an truth is love. Take care!
      I do not find the word Wayland in this article.

Comment

i want to see some Xwayland marks using the new Patch Set's i think it will beat Xorg also Mir is a dead project on the Linux desktop why do you think Mark is acting like he is people only act like this when facing failure

Comment

XMir is good enough now, what is still a poor idea is using it to run the whole desktop, even though the performance hit is negligible, it's pointless. Most of my complains against Canonical not even caring about their users will disappear the moment they drop that idea.

Comment

did he change the article, in the current version at least you dont find the word wayland or xwayland?

Is it possible that you are a bit sick. Fanboism syndrom or something?

Comment

BO$$, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
                BO$$, is that you?
                Sure seems like it!

Comment

Right now with SteamOS around the corner, Xmir isn't a good thing for Linux. Maybe down the road when it is equal to wayland in performance, but right now wayland is better. Micheal doesn't need to tell anyone this cause the benchmarks speak for themselves.

Comment

Awesome.

Now do these same tests on a mid-range computer made 3-4 years ago that doesn't have the latest and greatest hardware and that doesn't have everything compiled and tuned for performance. Then go ahead and try to tell me the difference is "negligible". $50 says the performance hit is going to be MUCH, MUCH more noticeable...

Comment

Working...
                    X