Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Default Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Phoronix: Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Amazon.com's product listing for World of Warcraft is now listing Linux support for the popular MMORPG from Blizzard...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwMDU

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Amazon Lists Linux Support For World Of Warcraft

Amazon.com's product listing for World of Warcraft is now listing Linux support for the popular MMORPG from Blizzard...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwMDU
    Im sorry that i dont believe that, Amazon said a couple of weeks ago that CIV V will be out for linux on 22nd of october ...
    (dont get me wrong i really would love to believe and it is still possible since blizzard said they will publish a game this year on linux
    but still i want to see it happen first )

Thankfully WoW works extremely well via WINE. I've been running it using CrossOver for years now, with nary an issue. The few minor issues I did encounter, the CrossOver tech support folks were fantastic in getting them resolved fast.

But yes, a native client would be most welcome. Between Steam and Wow, that covers a huge audience, and would hopefully encourage other A-list developers to produce Linux builds.

I am not a gamer, but I am currently investing some money on games on Linux, That's pure strategy to investment on Linux Graphic development

Default Windows 95 ?

I hate to burst your bubble here but it also lists Windows 95 and I'm a bit skeptical about that one

Putting WoW on Linux would certainly bring me back as a subscriber. If it got on Steam/SteamOS, it would be a boon for Valve not to mention Blizzard.

Just like ... 5 to 8 years too late for anyone to care ...
    srsly, who is still playing WoW? I stopped 3 years ago iirc

It also lists Windows 95,98 and Me. Yeah, seems legit. Another Phoronix "special" folks. Get HYPED!

It would certainly helps the transition over to Linux for a lot of people. I know I would be concerned about using WoW on Linux. Even though it does work perfectly fine with WINE.

Thumbs down

As usual it's a mistake.
    Amazon also still claims CivilizationV to be compatible:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Civ.../dp/B003O6EFW6