Mir Bumped To Version 0.0.15 & Mir Server 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why so many 'senior members' act like immature kids. What, did canonical kill your family or something?
    It's probably simpler than that. AFAIK, the title "senior member" is not about the time they have been around or some kind of "rating" of users, or anything related to merit, but it's about number of posts. With that criteria, the more childish you are, the more inane posts you do, and so the more "senior" you become.

If you don't like it, you could at least say something a little more grown up, like, "Even though Wayland arguably better, it's good to see progress on mir." If you'd rather have then be working on wayland than mir, then you completely missed the reason why they decided to go with mir.
    Even though the comment you quoted is stupid and unnecessary, one shouldn't be necessarily happy to see Mir advance. Those who see fragmentation as a con (myself, for example), or who think this will lead to less freedom, or whatever reason they have to dislike Mir, independently of liking or disliking Wayland, won't be happy by Mir progress, but the opposite.

Originally posted by dee. View Post
    Oh? I guess I completely missed the reason why they decided to go with Mir. What was that reason, again?
    You, and everyone, I guess.
    Last edited by mrugiero; 16 October 2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
      Even though the comment you quoted is stupid and unnecessary, one shouldn't be necessarily happy to see Mir advance. Those who see fragmentation as a con (myself, for example), or who think this will lead to less freedom, or whatever reason they have to dislike Mir, independently of liking or disliking Wayland, won't be happy by Mir progress, but the opposite.
      This. There are certainly a lot of anti-Mir trolls, but to pretend that there is no legitimate grounds for criticizing or disliking Mir or that everyone who criticizes or dislikes Mir is just a troll is no better, it is just pro-Mir trolling.

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
      You, and everyone, I guess.
      I think someone in upper management at Canonical knows, but he or she apparently hasn't told the Mir developers, not to mention anyone on the outside.

Comment

Working...
      X