Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueZ 5.10 Gets OBEX Command Line Client

Phoronix: BlueZ 5.10 Gets OBEX Command Line Client

A new release of BlueZ is out that projects a command-line client for its Bluetooth OBject EXchange support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

automatic hciconfig up

Since the topic is Bluez 5, does anyone have a good solution for autostarting paired devices when they're available that works with bluez 5? I use to use blueman but it's not compatible.

Preferably the solution wouldn't be graphical or tied to a particular desktop - the system is a media center that runs openbox but autostarts into xbmc. I have a bluetooth keyboard that I was using with it.

Edit:
    System is ArchLinux, so I have udev and systemd at my disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
      Since the topic is Bluez 5, does anyone have a good solution for autostarting paired devices when they're available that works with bluez 5? I use to use blueman but it's not compatible.

Preferably the solution wouldn't be graphical or tied to a particular desktop - the system is a media center that runs openbox but autostarts into xbmc. I have a bluetooth keyboard that I was using with it.

Edit:
      System is ArchLinux, so I have udev and systemd at my disposal.
      Not sure what the format would be but you could write a 'oneshot' systemd unit that depends upon bluetooth.

example:

Code:
      [Unit]
      Description=Set %i interface in promiscuous mode
      After=network.target

[Service]
      Type=oneshot
      ExecStart=/usr/bin/ip link set dev %i promisc on
      RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
      WantedBy=multi-user.targe
      Change after to be bluetooth.target if there is one, otherwise maybe set it to be after bluetooth.service? Keep the type to be one shot, ExecStart would be whatever the command is to pair the devices via command line. Keep the install section. RemainAfterExit i dont know if it would be yes or no for this.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
      X