Four New Linux Games Debut WIth New Humble Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
    not all of them are available for linux in steam though, incredipede and greed corp are not on steam for linux
    True! The developer of Incredipede mentioned on the Steam forums that he wanted to roll out his game on Steam for Linux some months ago. Apparently he changed his mind. He also mentioned that the Linux version would'nt have the same graphics, since he used Adobe Air for his game, which only runs with software rendering on Linux. Maybe that's the reason he finally canceled it?
    Anyway, he made his game available for free on Linux! -> http://www.incredipede.com/linux.html

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
    I can't seem to get Worms to work with the steam install. Looks like the app directory is empty, and I keep getting a missing executable error message. Anyone else get this?
    I'm experiencing the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      Yes but not all for Linux.
      There's a lot of game on Steam that have Linux version but that are simply not enabled. All those DOS based game that ship with DOSBox could be enabled. Most of ID Software games too, and old Unreals. I really whish Valve will try to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by werfu View Post
        There's a lot of game on Steam that have Linux version but that are simply not enabled. All those DOS based game that ship with DOSBox could be enabled. Most of ID Software games too, and old Unreals. I really whish Valve will try to fix this.
        Problem with ID's games is that it's with out punkbuster support.

Comment

Originally posted by werfu View Post
          I imagine Valve can't legally do anything themselves, other than contact the original publishers and ask them to release it on linux. Which hopefully they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Smask View Post
            I remember when support meant mailing a guy in Finland who wrote the kernel. I think it was wonky memory (on school computer) that generated non-maskable interrupts. Installation was a bunch of tar files and a kernel. Then I stumbled upon a free distribution called SLS.
            What year was that? I assume the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
              What year was that? I assume the beginning?
              Spring 92, Linus had done the version jump to 0.95.

Comment

Working...
              X