Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four New Linux Games Debut WIth New Humble Bundle

Four New Linux Games Debut WIth New Humble Bundle
    Anyone else notice that the letter I in the word "with" in the title is capitalized?

Quote Originally Posted by stqn View Post
    Just tried the bardís tale: needs a 32 bit libXpm.so.4 that is not packaged for Arch Linux.

Edit: ok, itís in the AUR ( https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-libxpm/ ) but I wanted to complain.
    libXpm and libopenal are shipped in $dir/res, but the binary is compiled with rpath=./ instead of ./res (so just move the files). Furthermore, the Humble package ships the movies in .mp4 format, but the game looks for .ogv so the movies never play... You can copy those from a Steam installation, which is otherwise identical.

Green Corp
    It's "Greed Corp"...

Since when do you have to pay more than the *Linux* average for the BTA games?

Quote Originally Posted by Xipeos View Post
    libXpm and libopenal are shipped in $dir/res, but the binary is compiled with rpath=./ instead of ./res (so just move the files). Furthermore, the Humble package ships the movies in .mp4 format, but the game looks for .ogv so the movies never play... You can copy those from a Steam installation, which is otherwise identical.
    Ah thanks. The crappy mp4 movies did play for me. Maybe we didnít get the same archive? There are two download links with no explanation of the difference; I got the second one thatís named ď.tar.gzĒ.
    Unfortunately the developpers assumed everyone would be using a qwerty keyboard so itís pretty hard to configure correct key bindings.

I can't seem to get Worms to work with the steam install. Looks like the app directory is empty, and I keep getting a missing executable error message. Anyone else get this?

Hm, if you convert those videos from mp4 to ogv, would that help? The videos don't play for me. HB also offers two different files, no idea what is different though. I got TheBardsTale_Linux_1381813411.tar.gz
    Last edited by shmerl; 10-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Converting videos helps (inside the movies subdirectory there):

Code:
    for file in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i $file -codec:v libtheora -qscale:v 9 -codec:a libvorbis -qscale:a 5 ${file%%.*}.ogv; done

Quote Originally Posted by philip550c View Post
    I remember suse back around 2001 I think, my brother bought it, it came in a nice box with professional packaging and a manual lol
    I remember when support meant mailing a guy in Finland who wrote the kernel. I think it was wonky memory (on school computer) that generated non-maskable interrupts. Installation was a bunch of tar files and a kernel. Then I stumbled upon a free distribution called SLS.

Quote Originally Posted by scionicspectre View Post
    If I recall, they even had a SNES port of the first game. Considering I still find it decent today, I'm sure it was a blast back in the day.
    I have that somewhere in my closet. The Worms SNES cart, complete with box and manual :P