Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why A Popular Open-Source Game Isn't On Steam

Quote Originally Posted by end_user View Post
    Riiiiight because no commercial game ever sucked.Who would have thought an Open Source game developed by volunteers might not be a good or take longer to be good as a commercial game.
    To be fair, there are plenty of low budget indie games which are far better than the open source games available. One of the bad things about open source games currently in existence is they simply have no creative ideas. All the FPS games are just clones of a certain unnamed game, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by mmstick View Post
    To be fair, there are plenty of low budget indie games which are far better than the open source games available. One of the bad things about open source games currently in existence is they simply have no creative ideas. All the FPS games are just clones of a certain unnamed game, for example.
    I know it might be hard for you to grasp, but foss games exist because there are actually people who enjoy playing them and (more important) contributing to them. You don't like foss games, too bad for you, I guess...

There are plenty commercial games out there. I am sure you will find some that you will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by mmstick View Post
    One of the bad things about open source games currently in existence is they simply have no creative ideas. All the FPS games are just clones of a certain unnamed game, for example.
    And all of these commercial Indie 8-bit or 16-bit platformers are not all based on Mario?