HD6450 - Graphics corruption on installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD6450 - Graphics corruption on installer

Alright so I've tried Ubuntu 12.04/13.04, Xubuntu 12.04/13.04 and Linux Mint 13/14/15 using both a standard DVD+RW and a USB flash drive.

My problem is severe graphics corruption on the installer. On Ubuntu, it would show the purple screen with the little icon at the bottom and then it would go black and purple with like boxes of crazy like static colors all over the place. The same goes for the other distros as well.

This happens on both DVD and via USB, all MD5 hashes were verified 100% and the DVD burns were verified successfully written.

My HD6450 is by Diamond Multimedia.

Well if it happens on all distros, have you made sure the hw is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Well if it happens on all distros, have you made sure the hw is ok?
      Hardware is ok, I'm using it on Windows 7 right now flawlessly running the 13.11 beta drivers.

Comment

Here is an example. I can see the purple screen fine (the one with the little icon at the bottom), but it goes all weird once the next part goes and it shows the Ubuntu name and the loading dots. From that it just goes all sorts of weird.

Sorry for the quality, I had to use my camera to get these and my camera is over 7 years old.

This:

Turns into this after that:

Comment

Solved.

Apparently needed to pass nomodeset and got 13.10 installed perfectly.

Comment

Working...
          X