Battlefield 4 Developers Would Love To Get Into Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
    I second that. Stop calling anyone who does not agree with you a 'Troll'. Try to listen to them - it might be valuable sometimes.
    You've got to be kidding. It's clear this m$ troll registered, because he can't stand Battlefield 4 comes to Linux.

Comment

Why doesn't DICE/EA release their games for Linux then? They make a lot of AAA games, I am sure the cost of porting to Linux would be easily covered by the sales. Especially since the game is already being ported to multiple platforms, the code already should have a lot of built in portability. If BF3 sold 2 million copies and Linux was 1% of those sales, that would be 10,000 * $50 = $50,000. I am sure that is conservative too.

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
        Why doesn't DICE/EA release their games for Linux then? They make a lot of AAA games, I am sure the cost of porting to Linux would be easily covered by the sales. Especially since the game is already being ported to multiple platforms, the code already should have a lot of built in portability. If BF3 sold 2 million copies and Linux was 1% of those sales, that would be 10,000 * $50 = $50,000. I am sure that is conservative too.
        Now wouldn't it be funny if it ran on Mantle in Linux for AMD hardware.... atlest the drivers would be rather simple, less chance of AMD screwing it up. Says a current and future AMD (GPU only) customer.

Comment

Originally posted by vyrgozunqk View Post
          ... since linux in general has so many problems, especially in recent times... ( all wifi drivers are crap + almost all gpu drivers ( without the nvidia blob )) it can't do it's only purpose for me... so it's useless...
          Using opensource radeon with HD5850, very fast 3D, very fast 2D, very good video acceleration, no tearing, runs very cool.
          Using TP-Link TL-WN722N [Atheros AR9271] and Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un [Realtek RTL8188CUS], 150Mbit/s, 802.11n on debian, no issues.
          Using networked Epson SX525WD(SANE epson2 backend, opensource+Gutenprint opensource) and HP C309g, scan and print wireless, photographic quality with CMYK pigment ink btw (impossible under windows with epson drivers) - no problem.
          I suggest you open bug reports and cooperate.

Comment

ARMA 4 will be ported to Linux, too. Look at the dev's comment in steam forums of Arma Tactics!

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
            Funny math. Unrealistic numbers :-P

Comment

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
              I second that. Stop calling anyone who does not agree with you a 'Troll'. Try to listen to them - it might be valuable sometimes.
              Nope. I'm not calling anyone who does not agree with me (us) a troll (generalizations like his and yours, you know, is a way of trolling as well*) but anyone who says that he was using Linux for a dozen of years (ie back in tha hard days) but not anymore (now in the better days).
              Sorry, but disagreements differ from lies by a large margin.

*all wi-fi drivers are crap...

meh
              Last edited by Apopas; 13 October 2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyrgozunqk
                Actually linux has cancer deep inside it's core, this same cancer blocked the proper developing of the Nvidia Optimus support too...(some of you should know what i have in mind) and this was the other reason that i didn't bought nvidia...
                Optimus was NOT working at all in the time i bought my laptop, there was some alpha-kind of support, from Bumblebee

Anyway don't blame me for the stupidity and fanatism of some kernel developers ( almost taliban-like)...
                And don't blame me for counting the money that i give for the performance i want... amd had the better chip for lower price point, so i bought it, and in windows i don't have any problems.
                I preffer to use linux tought, but i can't...
                Also I've posted enough bug reports and lost enough of my time, and as you know - time is money...
                Proprietary developers are cancer. They make any development impossible. They are taliban-like, as they cartel to monopoly and mass pre-install, using market shares as tools to block any better solution, milking money.
                You seem to have a lot of problems - if you care about solving them, work productive. If you do not care about solving them, stop wasting our time. If you continue trolling, you will be banned.

Comment

With Steam Machines being open platforms, how about EA and Ubisoft releasing Origin and UPlay clients for them..?
                  At least I don't see any technical problem with that, is there any? And I don't mean that you purchase those games from Steam
                  and start it through Origin/UPlay but actually buy it directly from the competing stores.

Not sure if Valve would still like the concept.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    With Steam Machines being open platforms, how about EA and Ubisoft releasing Origin and UPlay clients for them..?
                    At least I don't see any technical problem with that, is there any? And I don't mean that you purchase those games from Steam
                    and start it through Origin/UPlay but actually buy it directly from the competing stores.

Not sure if Valve would still like the concept.
                    Awesome, I like the tongue and cheekinees.

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                    Don't waste your time bro. As I said before, generalization is a way of trolling.

I posted a reply before I read the other posts.... I regret it so edited.
                    Last edited by nightmarex; 13 October 2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
                      This is not the case for most let alone all AMD GPU's.

Mine works fine. ~300 FPS in counterstrike with full graphics detail settings... I have owned several AMD graphic solutions now and they have all worked great. I also own Intel/Nvidia so I am not trying to be biased, they just works fine for me. Of course I never bothered buying a hybrid but that is hardly all AMD based GPU's is it?
                      Don't waste your time bro. As I said before, generalization is a way of trolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X