Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Developers Would Love To Get Into Linux

Phoronix: Battlefield 4 Developers Would Love To Get Into Linux

The game studio DICE responsible for hit titles like the Battlefield series, has expressed "strong" interest in Linux. DICE, which is owned by EA, is just the latest of many game studios now exhibiting strong interest in Linux following Valve's leading Linux actions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let's see DICE release a Linux exclusive then. I'll buy it no matter what it is.

Comment

I won't give a penny for a linux game, no matter how exclusive it is !
      Atleast until they fix those goddamn crappy drivers !!

With my hybrid GPU intel/amd... on windows i can play Counter-strike source with around 180+ FPS... on linux... 30 fps ?! + Lots of lagg and stutter...
      i can't play almost anything...
      This is the case for all amd based gpu's ...

I'm going to give "the finger" like Linus did, but this time for Linus/x/amd .

The operating system has only one purpose ! - to make the hardware work and communicate with the software... since linux in general has so many problems, especially in recent times... ( all wifi drivers are crap + almost all gpu drivers ( without the nvidia blob )) it can't do it's only purpose for me... so it's useless...
      I was using linux for 9 years... but no more!
      I have more than a 100+ games in steam, and i can play only 3 in playable condition!
      So either i'm buying a mac, or i preffer to give 200$ to microsoft and end all the pain, lag/desktop lag/stutter and even DE crashes...

Comment

Originally posted by vyrgozunqk View Post
        I won't give a penny for a linux game, no matter how exclusive it is !
        Atleast until they fix those goddamn crappy drivers !!

With my hybrid GPU intel/amd... on windows i can play Counter-strike source with around 180+ FPS... on linux... 30 fps ?! + Lots of lagg and stutter...
        i can't play almost anything...
        This is the case for all amd based gpu's ...

The operating system has only one purpose ! - to make the hardware work and communicate with the software... since linux in general has so many problems, especially in recent times... ( all wifi drivers are crap + almost all gpu drivers ( without the nvidia blob )) it can't do it's only purpose for me... so it's useless...
        I have more than a 100+ games in steam, and i can play only 3 in playable condition!
        So either i'm buying a mac, or i preffer to give 200$ to microsoft and end all the pain, lag/desktop lag/stutter and even DE crashes...
        I have 79 games total of which 50 are "linux" games. I can play most of them under Debian GNU/Linux without a problem with Intel Ivy Bridge HD4000 graphics and completely free drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
          I have 79 games total of which 50 are "linux" games. I can play most of them under Debian GNU/Linux without a problem with Intel Ivy Bridge HD4000 graphics and completely free drivers.
          Which means they are shit games.

Comment

Originally posted by soupbowl View Post
            Which means they are shit games.
            I agree...
            The best game you could play with the Ivy Bridge gpu is Counter-strike source, or the source based games... but nothing more... it's a fairly weak gpu...
            This GPU would be weak to play even Counter-Strike Global Offensive... especially with the slower intel/linux drivers, compared to the windows ones...

Probably your're playing some crappy indie games... which don't count as a games, but more for a "time killers" ...

Comment

Originally posted by soupbowl View Post
              HURR DURR MORE POLAYGONS == BETTAR GAEM!!!
              Get the fuck out.

Comment

Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
                Get the fuck out.
                Excellent paraphrasing...

Comment

I own more then 50 games on Steam where 36 are running natively without any issue. From Dota 2 to L4D2, FPS is always more than 100. Just perfect.

And with NVIDIA. Its just your problem you support company which dont know how to write correctly drivers for Linux, not an Linux issue.
                  On my notebook with Intel HD4000 most of these games, except Euro Track Simulator 2 are perfectly playable on high settings too!

DICE games under Linux would be incredible. I can't wait! Take my money!

Comment

So, you've been using Linux for 9 years and only have 3 playable games in Steam? 9 years, continous issues with AMD, and still you choose AMD for gaming? You went ahead and bought Windows-only games, and then expected them to magically work to perfection in Linux or what?

It's times like these, when an interesting pro-Linux article comes out, that we have all these so called "Linux-users", who are usually in fact just Windows or even OS X users who feel the need to defame Linux and it's multitude of distros.

Why is that? If your system is good, enjoy it, don't compensate for it sucking by coming out and saying other people's systems suck.

Comment

Working...
                    X