Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland Support Merged Into XBMC

Phoronix: Wayland Support Merged Into XBMC

As the latest good news for Wayland's adoption, the XBMC media player now has native Wayland support!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Raspbmc

How long will it take for it to land in Raspbmc?

Comment

I think an important question is, does this make the XBMC renderer more efficient; every time I boot up XBMC, with its render-everything-all-the-time UI, my system runs hot == not efficient == not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by eberan View Post
        I think an important question is, does this make the XBMC renderer more efficient; every time I boot up XBMC, with its render-everything-all-the-time UI, my system runs hot == not efficient == not cool.
        Have a look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dirty_regions

and of course enable Vertical Blank Sync via the Options.

Comment

Without trying to start an argument, XMBC or more or less obsolete, especially with the coming of Steam OS/Steam Box.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
            Without trying to start an argument, XMBC or more or less obsolete, especially with the coming of Steam OS/Steam Box.
            Without trying to start an argument, you seem to be talking out of the wrong orifice. Unless Steam suddenly sprouts great video player features and an awesomely customisable media library, it isn't even a competing product. And I sure as hell won't be registering a Steam account just to watch my movies and tv shows.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post

Steam OS will just be Steam Big Picture, which is already available. Yet XBMC lives on. And unless you all of a sudden can watch films via Steam, I don't even get what you're basing your ideas on.

Comment

Cool too see Sam Spilsbury do some Wayland-related work.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Cool too see Sam Spilsbury do some Wayland-related work.
                  The uncool thing is that major apps (ie FF) aren't doing things fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by eberan View Post
                    I run XBMC on an old laptop as a makeshift HTPC, I haven't had any heat problems, it never even makes my laptops fan spin up.

Comment

Working...
                    X