Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Shows Off Steam Controller Demo Video

Phoronix: Valve Shows Off Steam Controller Demo Video

After announcing the Steam Controller / GamePad at the end of September, Valve has now released a video showing off the interesting gamepad in action...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm actually impressed. I was afraid this would end up being a train wreck, but it seems like it might actually be an improvement over existing gamepad designs.

But it seems SteamBox will be flexible and open enough such that I can still use a wired 360 pad or a keyboard and mouse should I so desire to do so anyway.

Comment

Yeah it looks much better then i had feared, i would love to try one.

Comment

Looks like it has the precision of a Trackball .

Comment

It's not even the final version! Really impressed so far.

Comment

So what's the cost of this pad? The last sample where both pads affect the mouse movement was pretty interesting. The rubber hits the road when normal people get their hands on this and try it.

Comment

Looks interesting enough...it might be able to replace the mouse in some situations...but how about typing text or replacing the entire keyboard?

Comment

Well done Valve. It really looks awesome, and it doesn't seem like it's very hard to get used to, though I'm sure there will be some training curve.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
                  Looks interesting enough...it might be able to replace the mouse in some situations...but how about typing text or replacing the entire keyboard?
                  the middle will be replaced by a touch screen, so am sure it will have a virtual KB like on phones.

Also you can use BT headphones, but some people seem to be asking for the steampad to have an audio jack later to connect a wired Headphones/mic.

Comment

FPS game play still doesn't look as smooth as a mouse when they line up someone to shoot. Looks a little better than current controllers though

Comment

Working...
                    X