Mesa 10.0 Is Declared: OpenGL 3.2 Comes For Intel Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Not sure if this is your problem, but you need a fairly recent version of glxinfo (in mesa demos) to create core contexts - otherwise it only shows 3.0.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=61419
    Thanks. Doesn't look like that's the problem, though. Currently installed mesa-utils is 8.1.0-0ubuntu1~precise1.

Following the comments in the bug report I see GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object isn't advertised but I'm using xserver 1.12, so it could be that.

Comment

Cheers to the Intel (and others who helped!) folks for this work

Comment

Originally posted by tom.higgy View Post
        Thanks. Doesn't look like that's the problem, though. Currently installed mesa-utils is 8.1.0-0ubuntu1~precise1.

Following the comments in the bug report I see GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object isn't advertised but I'm using xserver 1.12, so it could be that.
        Yeah, I'm pretty sure you need 1.13 in order to create core profile contexts in glx.

Comment

Huge thanks to Bryan Cain (plombo) for his great work on this as well! Bryan did a lot of the initial frontend work.
          Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
          Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by tom.higgy View Post
            I'm a little confused. I'm on a 6550D (SUMO), which I thought was an Evergreen derivative and uses r600g, but glxinfo reports this:

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD SUMO
            OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.3.0-devel (git-bd19e25 precise-oibaf-ppa+glvdpau)
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Anyone know why it doesn't advertise 3.1 support?
            you should look at the core profile

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS
            OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 9.3.0-devel (git-e6fb744)
            OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40

OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.3.0-devel (git-e6fb744)

Comment

To my knowledge they bump the major version when a new OpenGL version is reached. Does this mean that when they hit OpenGL 3.3 it'll go to 11 or will the keep it at 10 because of the timeframe in which the two landed??

Comment

Originally posted by ClockHeart View Post
                To my knowledge they bump the major version when a new OpenGL version is reached. Does this mean that when they hit OpenGL 3.3 it'll go to 11 or will the keep it at 10 because of the timeframe in which the two landed??
                3.3 can still land this cycle, if the work can get done quick enough.
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Thanks for the help, folks. Seems I can't upgrade xserver on Kubuntu 12.04 LTS using backports without losing a whole bunch of important KDE packages. I'll wait for Saucy to come out next week and upgrade everything then.

Anyway, thanks and well done to all the devs that have got Mesa to this stage.

Comment

r600g OpenGL 3.2

The last bit that it took Mesa and the Intel driver to support OpenGL 3.2...
                    Waiting to see 3.2 support on r600g!!! Not advertised yet...

Code:
                    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER
                    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
                    OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
                    OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                    OpenGL core profile extensions:
                    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)

Comment

what to compile?

I want to compile Mesa from git to see radeonsi improvements. Is it enough to compile only MESA or do i also need DRM and radeon-DDX and there is also somethin caled DRI???

I?m now on

Code:
                      glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                      OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
                      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.3, 128 bits)
                      OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 9.2.1)
                      OpenGL extensions:
                      kernel 3.11.3
                      opensuse 13.1 RC1 x64

... so my problem is I don?t know which howto I should follow at best:

or even http://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestio...n_ubuntu_1210/ and adapting it to my opensuse 13.1 RC1

any hint much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                      X