Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mesa 10.0 Is Declared: OpenGL 3.2 Comes For Intel Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib*
    sudo ldconfig
    thx
    I do not understand the purpose of /usr/local/lib64 and why it interfered, but it seems to work now:

Code:
    glxinfo | grep Open
    ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL context flags: (none)
    OpenGL extensions:
    Code:
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -e glamor -e GLAMOR
    [  1457.633] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
    [  1457.633] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
    [  1457.634] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [  1457.641] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
    [  1457.641] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
    [  1457.641] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
    [  1457.641] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [  1457.641] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
    [  1457.672] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
    [  1457.683] (II) RADEON(0): glamor detected, initialising EGL layer.
    [  1457.952] (II) RADEON(0): Use GLAMOR acceleration.
    [  1457.952] (II) RADEON(0): Set up textured video (glamor)
    [  1457.952] (II) RADEON(0): [XvMC] Associated with GLAMOR Textured Video.
    note:
    - left 4 dead 2 now works perfect even with 8xMSAA
    - serious sam 3 still crashes after it showed the croteam-logo
    - x-albeon prelude crashes after the intro movie
    - kwin crashes when selecting openGL 3.1 as expected as only 3.0 is reached for now
    - xv with mplayer works fluently, but with color-displacement in many video files (not all) I did not recocnized a pattern of used codec, decoder, resolution, container...

should I test something else for anyone?
    Last edited by tomtomme; 10-23-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomme View Post
    xv with mplayer works fluently, but with color-displacement in many video files (not all) I did not recocnized a pattern of used codec, decoder, resolution, container...
    as a note, I get red blue colour swap on wmv based vids when using vdpau/uvd

Default vdpau with xbmc?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_K View Post
    as a note, I get red blue colour swap on wmv based vids when using vdpau/uvd
    with which player do you use vdpau+radeonsi? For AMD it was fglrx/xvba (vaapi) only a long time. The vdpau/oss solution is only some weeks old - right? And there is only a ubuntu-howto.

I would like to test the new XBMC-vdpau/oss solution with my AMD E-350 on suse tumbleweed - if someone could help me a bit or says that it is working for him.
    Sadly pontostroy has no tumbleweed repo, but I would test it with 13.1rc or factory if this is known to work.
    And even if pontostry would build a tumbleweed repo, I first would have to learn how to apply all those (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...54&pid=1519639) patches to the 3.12 kernel. Is that complicated? I know how to compile from git and stuff but never worked with manual patches.

And would all this work best with Tumbleweed, 13.1 or Factory (+pontostroy x11, drm-next)?
    Many questions, I know - but I am eager to test, debug and help to get this oss goodness working on suse.
    I would even write a suse-howto for the suse-SDB in the end, if someon holds my hand during the process !

with which player do you use vdpau+radeonsi? For AMD it was fglrx/xvba (vaapi) only a long time. The vdpau/oss solution is only some weeks old - right? And there is only a ubuntu-howto.

I would like to test the new XBMC-vdpau/oss solution with my AMD E-350 on suse tumbleweed - if someone could help me a bit or says that it is working for him.
    Sadly pontostroy has no tumbleweed repo, but I would test it with 13.1rc or factory if this is known to work.
    And even if pontostry would build a tumbleweed repo, I first would have to learn how to apply all those (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...54&pid=1519639) patches to the 3.12 kernel. Is that complicated? I know how to compile from git and stuff but never worked with manual patches.

And would all this work best with Tumbleweed, 13.1 or Factory (+pontostroy x11, drm-next)?
    Many questions, I know - but I am eager to test, debug and help to get this oss goodness working on suse.
    I would even write a suse-howto for the suse-SDB in the end, if someon holds my hand during the process !
    pontonstroy repos for Mesa, and You should have it working
    (BTW Tumbleweed is not so good for Mesa+Kernel combo as Mesa is left behind too much)

Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    pontonstroy repos for Mesa, and You should have it working
    (BTW Tumbleweed is not so good for Mesa+Kernel combo as Mesa is left behind too much)
    should? do you have this working? are you sure the mentioned kernel-patches are in there? I do not believe so, because then the ubuntu-guys would not have to aply these patches...

I want to believe you, but I can NOT experiment on this HTPC. 3 other people depend on it to watch films etc....

should? do you have this working? are you sure the mentioned kernel-patches are in there? I do not believe so, because then the ubuntu-guys would not have to aply these patches...

I want to believe you, but I can NOT experiment on this HTPC. 3 other people depend on it to watch films etc....
    I have 5730M pontostroy repo contained needed Mesa, while kernel I got from Kernel:HEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    I have 5730M pontostroy repo contained needed Mesa, while kernel I got from Kernel:HEAD.
    and which xbmc branch? master?