No announcement yet.

Intel Core i7 4960X Ivy Bridge Extreme Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to make a request, if this is possible.
    Is there any possibility to do a comparison on how good each cpu from intel and amd is good at synthesizing and simulating verilog/vhdl in programs like xilinx ise, altera quartus and mentor graphics' modelsim.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
      I would like to make a request, if this is possible.
      Is there any possibility to do a comparison on how good each cpu from intel and amd is good at synthesizing and simulating verilog/vhdl in programs like xilinx ise, altera quartus and mentor graphics' modelsim.
      If you provide a test script / PTS/OB test profile to fully automate such, etc.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        If you provide a test script / PTS/OB test profile to fully automate such, etc.
        OK, I'll see what I can do, because all the code I work on right now is proprietary ip cores from altera and I cannot distribute them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg16 View Post
          How about the fact that the AMD FX 8350 was in many cases either competitive or not far behind, and costs only $200? You do come across a bit biased.

It was also interesting to note that one test was very Intel biased and another very AMD biased. Does that mean wrong optimisation flags were used?
          lol i3-2120 is the big winner here with 40% increase in fps in the x264 benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
            OK, I'll see what I can do, because all the code I work on right now is proprietary ip cores from altera and I cannot distribute them.
            Another use for the open gpu core?

Doesn't TDP mean something different in AMD vs. Intel land? In any case, it's probably best to actually measure it.
            Aye. Intel TDP is a false number (while AMD's TDP is as intended, maximum power draw possible; search for ACP to learn more), so in reality it's worse. Not that I object to measurements of course, they would be nice.

Comment

Working...
            X