Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir Finally Turned On For Ubuntu Touch 13.10

Phoronix: Mir Finally Turned On For Ubuntu Touch 13.10

After a few days of wrangling, the very latest Ubuntu Touch images have the Mir Display Server replacing Android's SurfaceFlinger...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wasn't Mir on Ubuntu Touch images actually targeted for May 2013 initially?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
      Wasn't Mir on Ubuntu Touch images actually targeted for May 2013 initially?
      Seems unlikely given that they announced Mir in March. I've only heard late August/early September.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnor View Post
        Seems unlikely given that they announced Mir in March. I've only heard late August/early September.
        http://www.jonobacon.org/2013/08/15/...-ubuntu-13-10/
        This is what made me think they wanted to have Mir on Ubuntu Touch a lot earlier.

Currently the Phablet image uses SurfaceFlinger to render. But very soon, this will be replaced with Mir and eventually the tablet will use the same infrastructure as the desktop image:
        The image shows the Ubuntu Touch stack on Mir in May '13.

Maybe the ran into more roadblocks than expected, which gives the impression that the Mir developers don't have a lot experience in this field.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          Maybe the ran into more roadblocks than expected, which gives the impression that the Mir developers don't have a lot experience in this field.
          The first 90% of the work takes the first 90% of the time, and the last 10% of the work takes the last 90% of the time

Comment

Working...
          X