Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: how can I make a script for my Linux distro?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default how can I make a script for my Linux distro?

    I would like to make a script to install missing dependencies for my Chakra Linux distro.
    How can I do it?

    At the moment I created 2 new files:

    /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/xml/chakra-packages.xml
    chakra-packages.xml
    and

    /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/scripts/install-chakra-packages.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    # Chakra package installation
    
    echo "Please enter your root password below:" 1>&2
    su root -c "pacman -Sy $*"
    exit
    ..but it doesn't work...any advice?
    Last edited by UnderTheGun; 03-19-2014 at 06:55 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheGun View Post
    I would like to make a script to install missing dependencies for my Chakra Linux distro.
    How can I do it?

    At the moment I created 2 new files:

    /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/xml/chakra-packages.xml
    chakra-packages.xml
    and

    /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/scripts/install-chakra-packages.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    # Chakra package installation
    
    echo "Please enter your root password below:" 1>&2
    su root -c "pacman -Sy $*"
    exit
    ..but it doesn't work...any advice?
    When running "phoronix-test-suite diagnostics" what is the output as your OS version identifier? But yes, generally just the sh and xml files should be needed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    When running "phoronix-test-suite diagnostics" what is the output as your OS version identifier?
    2014.01.30

    Ahahaha...lol.....2014.01.30 is the iso file name
    So I should make a script with that name?
    Thanks a lot Michael.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheGun View Post
    2014.01.30

    Ahahaha...lol.....2014.01.30 is the iso file name
    So I should make a script with that name?
    Thanks a lot Michael.
    If thats how it's being shown as the OS identifier.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If thats how it's being shown as the OS identifier.

    OPERATING_SYSTEM = chakra
    OS_VERSION = 2014.01.30
    OS_ARCH = x86_64
    OS_TYPE = Linux


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    So, shall I create these 2 files?

    install-2014.01.30-packages.sh
    2014.01.30-packages.xml

    okay?

    Thanks .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    It doesn't work....

    Code:
    Distribution install script not found!
    There are dependencies still missing from the system:
    - Basic Linear Algebra Sub-Routine Library
    - Linear Algebra Pack
    
    1: Ignore missing dependencies and proceed with installation.
    2: Skip installing the tests with missing dependencies.
    3: Re-attempt to install the missing dependencies.
    4: Quit the current Phoronix Test Suite process.
    Missing dependencies action: 3
    Distribution install script not found!
    I also created :
    chakra-2014.01.30-packages.xml
    install-chakra-2014.01.30-packages.sh

    but....nothing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheGun View Post
    It doesn't work....

    Code:
    Distribution install script not found!
    There are dependencies still missing from the system:
    - Basic Linear Algebra Sub-Routine Library
    - Linear Algebra Pack
    
    1: Ignore missing dependencies and proceed with installation.
    2: Skip installing the tests with missing dependencies.
    3: Re-attempt to install the missing dependencies.
    4: Quit the current Phoronix Test Suite process.
    Missing dependencies action: 3
    Distribution install script not found!
    I also created :
    chakra-2014.01.30-packages.xml
    install-chakra-2014.01.30-packages.sh

    but....nothing.
    OT abit, but BLAS libraries? Are you trying to run LINPACK or something?
    Just curious. If so, don't use the PTS version of LINPACK, just get one of the Intel optimized linpack binaries.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonadow View Post
    OT abit, but BLAS libraries? Are you trying to run LINPACK or something?
    Just curious. If so, don't use the PTS version of LINPACK, just get one of the Intel optimized linpack binaries.
    This is just a test to verify if my script works .
    But unfortunately PTS can't find it ....

    Need I modify only these 2 files? Or there are others?
    Please, any advice is welcome.

    Thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Nobody?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •